Discontinued 10" LCD moniter/dvd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued 10" LCD moniter/dvd?

Does anyone know why Ridgid apparantly discontinued the 10" LCD moniter/DVD recorder. Yet the VCR version is still available?

It now appears that you need to purchase a seperate DVD recorder if you choose the larger moniter (LCD Pak). Seems like more to purchase, carry, and store.

The smaller 5 and 6 inch moniters have recording capability, but I think I prefer a larger screen. (The older we get....)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Discontinued 10" LCD moniter/dvd?

i think part of it was the dvd had compatibilitty issues with playback / finalizing of the job.

the new dvdpak, which i now own has a sony dvd direct unit in it. i've owned a sony dvd direct unit now for a few years and it's never failed

yet my regular dvd burner in my computer is hit or miss

the dvdpak with lcd screen and battery operation is the ticket portability and ease of use allows me to easily pack it with me on my carry on baggage. i started my world tour a few weeks ago and plan on taking it with me on all my inspections

i'll post some photos of all the toys packed next week when i get on the road again.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I had water moisture issues with mine, so I think Ridgid saw it as a problem and made the new systems to get around the problem,
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am concerned that the 6 inch screen might be too small for easy viewing and interpretation. What do you guys think? Is the 10 inch screen that much easier to see, or is the 6" (in the dvdpak) just as good?

Comment

i have both. sure the 10'' is a bigger image, but so is my 50'' plasma

the 5.7'' is plenty and the size and portability is a real plus. plus you get the recorder too.

just take it inside the house for a bigger picture if needed

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

My opinion may not count here but for me the 5.7 DVDPak is optimal. once you've used it you'll realize how sufficient the screen is. We still offer the 10.4" screen on the LCDPak which can be married with the DVDBase at about the same total price as the old DVD monitor for folks who are really into the big screens.

josh

Comment

I like my DVD LCD unit. People like the big screen. Buy the reader writer discs and make sure you back your the footage. I use kid gloves with the thing because I cant afford to replace it. I had a VCR it was nice, but no one wants a tape. I do know guys who have had the VCR unit and beat them for years with no problems. The VCR seems tougher but it old news. Its time to put my van inside because the LCD seems like it getting slow to warm up on cold mornings.

Comment

The VCR CRT combo unit is a dinosaur...but could take some serious abuse. The DVD Pak or micro explorer is just a transitional unit until someone comes out with a hard drive with a flash/usb plug.

Its a shame all those old combos are going to become boat anchors, unless some figures out how to upgrade the old box with new technology that has all the cords and straps in one unit...
                "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

Comment

Working...
                X