X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Inspectors

I'm looking for more work with my see snake. Do home inspectors provide any referals for anyone. Plumbers seem to have seen the value. I think it could lead to more cleanings and pumping

Re: Home Inspectors

some home inspectors refer me. other home inspectors are getting into camera inspections.

honestly, doing real estate transactions can dangerous.

you have no track record for the property , no owner input and you're the guy they're going after the first time the line plugs.

i've done plenty of home transaction inspections. most want them done yesterday and cheap. there's a whole lot more to inspecting than just pushing a camera and looking for roots.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

While I don't have a camera, we do septic inspections for real estate transactions and bank loans. The most important thing is to Cover your AZZ! Some people around here call them evaluations, some call them inspections. At any rate there is no guarantee that the system will work. You can tell them what happened on the day your were on site and what you found.

You might be interested in the NAWT www.nawt.org Take their certified inspector course. Then you will be nationally certified to inspect septic systems. We've always done inspections but this certification has helped our credibility on more than one occasion.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
        Do home inspectors provide any referals for anyone.
        A few years ago a gentleman who specializes in camera inspections gave a presentation to the local chapter of the National Association of Home Inspectors at their monthly meeting. He still receives referrals from many of them as well as from RE agents that he's met while inspection these properties.

The overwhelming opinion among the home inspectors that we spoke with was that they absolutlely did NOT want to do camera work because it would cost them money (only do 1 inspection per day instead of two).

Comment

I've done a few for a home inspector, but only at the prospective homeowners request. I think looking down the drain is to much of a deal killer for the real estate agents ,Buyers and sellers. They don't want anything else that can kill a deal.

I always run it past home inspecters and real estate agents..............it hasn't panned out yet

Comment

I have no problem doing them for the buyer, I inspect the line, place flags where bad problems are found and give them a DVD. I get paid. But they use the findings to either bring the price down or get the selling owner to fix the sewer. The ones I have done for selling agents usually sucks they pay late and sometimes not at all if the deal doesn't go thru. I no longer bill to the sellers agent check or cash at the end of the job. And A lot of the ones I do someone else has sometimes been there already and "said the line was Bad" but gave no DVD. So you need to be able to record your findings.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Real Estate Agents and Home Inspectors are for the most part in bed together like saysflushable said...

You and I know the agent is not about the client they are all about a commission and they don't want anything that will cost more then the $500-$1000 which just happens to be the amount of money set aside in the sales contract for repairs.

I have a few agents that use me for inspections (Plumbing and HVAC). They will only have me do one or the other if they have a doubt and will not call me at all on the real winner properties

This avoids the dealbreakers and sets up the chance of the home warranty paying for they repairs later but this is a seperate subject...

Bill

Comment

Agreed, they don't want to pay anymore than they have to. I offer uncovering the d box and potholeing and mapping the drainfield but they never go for it. "Just the basic inspection please".

Oh well.

Comment

Septic inspection are fun. It worked when we where there. Seems to be working well. New unit would like to use it more. Thanks for the site.

Comment

You bet!

Comment

A good Home Inspector covers almost everything.. they evaluate all aspects of the property people are purchasing, from the roof to the basement and all areas in between.. But you must make sure he is licensed.Its very important aspect while choosing a Home Inspector...
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-14-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhnsmith978 View Post
                        A good Home Inspector covers almost everything.. they evaluate all aspects of the property people are purchasing, from the roof to the basement and all areas in between.. But you must make sure he is licensed.Its very important aspect while choosing a Home Inspector...
                        When it comes to HVAC and plumbing I have yet to find a "Licensed Home inspector" that can find his A$$ with a map

I really like the disclaimers you guys have in your reports to absolve yourselves of liability if you miss something

Due to Home inspectors self induced stupidity and the cozy relationship they must have with the real estate agents the only thing they succeed in doing is instilling a false sense of security in a home buyer that is dumb enough to solely trust your misguided bobblehead opinions.

How many times I walk into homes only to hear "The home inspector said the "plumbing was fine" "I still have the report see look"

Oh yea, Welcome to the Ridgid Boards
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-14-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X