What do I buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I buy

Hi to all. I am looking to purchase a see-snake camera setup and would appreciate any help or opinion to consider. Obviously cost is an issue but then again if I need to stretch my budget then teh answer is obvious.
    I have seen the toolbox monitor but am told it is no longer available. I dont like dvd and would prefer VHS if possible for out in the field reliability.
    Any suggestions are welcomed

Re: What do I buy

IMHO the best bang for the buck is the Color Compact. mine has served me well for over 1 1/2 years and gets used on almost every job. lite and small. it goes where the bigger camera won't go

the local pool companies hire me when they need to locate a leaking return line. i've had it pass 3 fittings and ran a tota l of 45' with it.

best 5K i ever spent

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

look at the new dvdpak. the 5.7'' screen is larger than the tool case monitor. the pak also contains a sony burner and the entire unit is water tight. it can be plugged in or run off a battery.

link this up to any seesnake camera out there.

depending on the size of your lines and the distance you need to push would determine your camera options.

i would think that the seesnake mini 200' will get you done.

welcome to the forum

while i got you here, can i suggest a k-60 sectional drain cleaner too

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

how far out do you normally need to see? up to 30' the seesnake microdrain is good, colored camera, you can pan the camera, zoom, and next month i understand ridgid will begin selling a 100' line accesory for it. the transmitter in the line also helps you to do location work.

vhs tends to decay over time, the seesnake micro has an SD card for the thousands of pictures it can store and hours of video (you can even annotate the videos you take, and name your pictures,, there's a mini keyboard onscreen you can use if you want).

Comment

doesn't the compact have a stiffer cable than the mini? less chance for turning it back in a line?

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thankyou for the warm welcome.

I may be confused or it could just be me but I think Ridgid refer to/name some of their products differently between the countries. Mind you I dont believe there is a huge difference. STXRUS I hear you on the smaller camera. I am pretty much in agreeance with this but we only have what we call a Mini See-snake. The camera is colour but it is doesnt have auto upright and I havent heard of the pan and zoom. Like a lot of things there isnt one tool for everything which I truely appreciate. In reference to the old toolbox monitor everything was basically compact and waterproof/resistent. I could build a unit or even use a notebook but it comes down to size and durability. The issue of Videao over DVD was a case of quality and safety of survey. It was suggested that should there be a problem with power or other DVD would be lost because it burns at the end. There appears to be a lot of memory stick type systems coming onto the market but you guys seem to be seeing the new stuff well before us. Also as far as cost/investment there are a few of us considering a shopping holiday over to you. Basically the investment bucket is not bottomless but if there is good kit available over in the US we are definitely interested. Many thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
              Thankyou for the warm welcome.

I may be confused or it could just be me but I think Ridgid refer to/name some of their products differently between the countries. Mind you I dont believe there is a huge difference. STXRUS I hear you on the smaller camera. I am pretty much in agreeance with this but we only have what we call a Mini See-snake. The camera is colour but it is doesnt have auto upright and I havent heard of the pan and zoom. Like a lot of things there isnt one tool for everything which I truely appreciate. In reference to the old toolbox monitor everything was basically compact and waterproof/resistent. I could build a unit or even use a notebook but it comes down to size and durability. The issue of Videao over DVD was a case of quality and safety of survey. It was suggested that should there be a problem with power or other DVD would be lost because it burns at the end. There appears to be a lot of memory stick type systems coming onto the market but you guys seem to be seeing the new stuff well before us. Also as far as cost/investment there are a few of us considering a shopping holiday over to you. Basically the investment bucket is not bottomless but if there is good kit available over in the US we are definitely interested. Many thanks again
              I don`t think the seesnake mini is going to suit you in Melbourne as the majority of sewers are eartheware and well over 60m in length with lots of bends. I bought a seesnake plus self leveling colour camera two years ago with a 225mm colour monitor and DVD and haven`t looked back, if I was doing it now I would still go with the seesnake plus colour self leveling colour camera but with one of the new smaller monitors with the DVD, I suggest you phone a Chris Skrinis State manager for Ridgid in Melbourne on 0417344672 and get a demo and a catolgue of what's on offer.
              I know as I did you are looking at all the other sewer camers on the market here which are cheaper but but are they as reliable as Ridgid that's the chance you are taking which I didn't.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                I don`t think the seesnake mini is going to suit you in Melbourne as the majority of sewers are eartheware and well over 60m in length with lots of bends. I bought a seesnake plus self leveling colour camera two years ago with a 225mm colour monitor and DVD and haven`t looked back, if I was doing it now I would still go with the seesnake plus colour self leveling colour camera but with one of the new smaller monitors with the DVD, I suggest you phone a Chris Skrinis State manager for Ridgid in Melbourne on 0417344672 and get a demo and a catolgue of what's on offer.
                I know as I did you are looking at all the other sewer camers on the market here which are cheaper but but are they as reliable as Ridgid that's the chance you are taking which I didn't.

Tony
                I know of guy's here that didn't buy Ridgid cameras and have had troubles.
                If the camera is in the shop being fixed it is hard to charge it out or use it and what do you do if it takes a week to be fixed.
                I could be wrong here but I heard a story that one camera agent in Australia stopped bringing in parts and camera's last year and changed brands.
                I have had my cameras for two years and have never had an issue.
                A few of my mates have the mini but I have lent my seasnake plus self levelling out before to them.
                I have had drains where I could only push my seasnake plus out to 40 metres before it stopped, so how far would you push the mini.
                I own the mini and the plus and prefer the plus as sometimes I have been lost as to which way is up or what I am looking at, the self levelling takes the guess work out.
                There is a guy from Sydney on this forum here and the majority of his guy's use the mini because it is lighter and easier to move around.
                I have the monitor with the makita 14.4 volt battery in it and use a seperate recording device if I need to record.
                Also for the record I am keen to buy the Micro drain as it will be great to push the camera down a toilet and see the problem without taking the pan off.
                Sorry if I have made you decision harder but I went through the same thing two years ago and like Tony I bought the self levelling one first and would do it again.

Simon

Comment

Simon

I'm also looking at the micro but but only when our dollar reaches parity with the US dollar which won't be long now.

Tony

Comment

Simon

I'm also looking at the micro but but only when our dollar reaches parity with the US dollar which won't be long now.

Tony
                    It's a bad day for the US when the Dollar hits parity with the NZ Dollar

That would put the US dollar down 50%, Time for me to start learning to speak chinese I think...

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      It's a bad day for the US when the Dollar hits parity with the NZ Dollar

That would put the US dollar down 50%, Time for me to start learning to speak chinese I think...

Bill
                      Bill

You don`t have to be rude I`m not a New Zealander I`m an Australian and the prices we pay for Ridgid equipment here are ridiculous its at least 50% more than what you pay.

Tony

Comment

what's sad is joey and i are going to n.z. in november and since jan when we booked the trip. the us dollar has taken a dump. the trip's not as lucrative as it once was

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Bill

You don`t have to be rude I`m not a New Zealander I`m an Australian and the prices we pay for Ridgid equipment here are ridiculous its at least 50% more than what you pay.

Tony
                          Tony an Insult would be " The ARL and the Kangroos play like a bunch of sook's"

Please accept my humblest appologies I know how much offense is taken by that mistake...

My best mate is a "sheep shagger" from Christchurch ( who got me into footy as well), I typed NZ because he used to always brag about being paid in USD and said it was like making 50% more when converted to NZ dollars ( he swore a NZ dollar had the same buying power as a USD at the time).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            what's sad is joey and i are going to n.z. in november and since jan when we booked the trip. the us dollar has taken a dump. the trip's not as lucrative as it once was

rick.
                            Rick

Just think of the last sixty years since WW11 that the US $$ has been on top and we the plebs have been paying for it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              Tony an Insult would be " The ARL and the Kangroos play like a bunch of sook's"

Please accept my humblest appologies I know how much offense is taken by that mistake...

My best mate is a "sheep shagger" from Christchurch ( who got me into footy as well), I typed NZ because he used to always brag about being paid in USD and said it was like making 50% more when converted to NZ dollars ( he swore a NZ dollar had the same buying power as a USD at the time).

Cheers
                              Bill

Your not talking about rugby league are you thats not football its a woosies girly boys game like grid iron and soccer, foot ball is Australian Rules the AFL a mans games where one get dirty inside and out where you brake the rules and your out where man can be a man and swear and cuss thats football.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X