X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the road again

this last month i've had the opportunity to go out of state and do some camera and locating work. the first trip with only a few days notice and very little information of the job site and working environment

even getting there was a challenge as i need to fit all my camera and inspection gear into 2- 50# or less bags along with clothing for cold weather for 4 days. the trip included a commercial flight to denver and 2 -19 passenger flights to get to my final destination.

fortunately i had the very newest of gear ridgid has available

my tools of choice were the dvdpak lcd with 3 extra 18 volt li-ion batteries, seesnake microdrain, micro explorer with 17mm, 9.5mm and 3',6' extensions, scout locator, navitrack line transmitter, laptop and digital camera. along with assorted cables, guides, spare batteries.

this last week i went back to conclude the camera and locating work.

unfortunalty i can't get into the specifics of the job or location as it's still under investigation at this time. i can post some photos that don't i.d. the specifics of the project.

there are a few i would like to thank for assisiting me in pulling this off with very short notice.

josh, mark, adam for helping me get all my stuff together with short notice. and "bhd" for some technical help and understanding

and of course joey for allowing me to go, transporting me to (4:30am) and from (12:30am) the airport, not selling off the farm while i was gone and feeding baxter just to name a few.

here are a few photos of my equipment of choice.

i left out my dirty clothing for your protection

rick.

my camera and inspecting gear that i packed with me.

some of the gear in action. yes, it's de-energized.

some of the gear sitting for it's turn out of the rain.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-25-2009, 01:53 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: On the road again

the most recent trip involved a 7 hour road trip from the airport in a motor home with 2 other that i knew.

the trip was fun as we had all the ammenities and junk food.

couldn't do the small plane as the weather was iffy and too much gear with 3 of us to haul.

rick.

lunch time meeting involving pickles.

donuts, chips, bagels

sausage, bagels

my buddies plane remained grounded due to the weather and lack of room for all my gear and all our junk food for the 3 of us. nothing like a motorhome for storage.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i was thinking krispy cream donuts. but i didn't see the green box. whenever i go to cal. i have to get a box of mouth watering donuts.

it looks like fun and not much sleep.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Looks like a pickle and sausage-fest to me............
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Rick, If you are gonna make this a habit check out a few pelican cases for your gear These cases would be good for everyday to protect the electronics...

http://www.pelican.com/

Comment

I do not know if you saw me or not but I waved at you as you flew over,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Rick, If you are gonna make this a habit check out a few pelican cases for your gear These cases would be good for everyday to protect the electronics...

very few cases compare to the Pelican line. they are about the best around. if they made guitar cases i'd have them. but for scuba or underwater gear they can't be beat

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

you're 100% right problem is they're great for ground transportation, but in a plane, they're too large and heavy to pack with me in my bags. the plastic cases that comes with the ridgid gear is actually pretty tough and lite in weight.

the underwater kinetics/ uk is the case which the color video tool case monitor is built into. very similar to the pelican cases.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Damn son you have more tools than I have hair follicles.

And that was worth the nomination for beef summer sausage and donuts in the same picture set.

These images go far, far beyond great acceptance of healthy eating.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

UK makes a good box but Pelican rules. UK makes great flashlights and other dive related stuff but i'll put my gear in Pelican

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X