Adding self leveling camera head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding self leveling camera head

Does anybody know if it is a direct swap to add a self level head to the non self level reel? Also I have the old style gray push cable with 2 wires (grounds ?) in the spring I have heard that the new orange push cable only has 1 in the spring.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Adding self leveling camera head

remember that the self leveling camera is designed for the full size seesnake plus. does not fit the mini or compact.

depending on your camera size, you might have to swap the spring?

the inline transmitter is the same for all full size cameras. the mini uses a smaller transmitter and safety wire set up.

you probably have a $1500 camera head.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yea Rick for my fullsize reel. I was told old camera heads and the new style (orange push rod ) where different and the 2 wires where all I can see. I dont really need the self level but I need to buy a new camera anyway so I thought might as well try the self level.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Yea Rick for my fullsize reel. I was told old camera heads and the new style (orange push rod ) where different and the 2 wires where all I can see. I dont really need the self level but I need to buy a new camera anyway so I thought might as well try the self level.

What you are talking about are the "safety cables" that attach to the back of the camera head to keep you from pulling the head out of the spring if you get it really, really stuck and you pull really, really hard trying to get it out. They don't carry any signal.

On the Mini, they have gone from a two cable system to a single cable system. I got burned bad by that when I bought a replacement pushrod which came with a single cable. Had to do some "engineering" (OK, got busy with a crimp tool) to make it all work out. I am NOT gonna throw away 2 perfectly fine older Mini camera heads that use two cables.

I have been told since that I need to specify two safety cables or one when I order and that the part # for the replacement 200' pushrod is the same for both styles. Boy can I see THAT getting screwed up next time I order. They need to have different part numbers.

Or, the two cable pushrods just "disappearing", and becoming unavailable, like the PowerPacks did.

Comment

I just got started on the forum but I am an authorized service center for Ridgid Seesnakes in Wentzville Missouri so feel free to email us at allstarsewer@yahoo.com or contact us by phone at 18009505023 with any questions. As for switching to self- leveling you may have to change the connector body behind the camera head as well as everything else Rick the plumber said. If you decide to do it contact me, I can give you the part numbers you will need to make the switch. We also sell all the parts and systems.

Comment

Working...
          X