X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slightly Irratated

Guess what! My camera took a crap again! Same issues as I had before. Got about 8 months out of an expensive retermination. I'm loosing faith with this ridgid tool, but they've got me by the balls!! First fix took them two terminations and 40' off my cable, I hate to send it in for another reterm and loose more footage. I also hate to spend the 2,150 for a new cable!

reterm again and have 1200 invested and under 150' of cable or

buy new cable 2150 and be back to 200'

BY THE BALLS!!!

Comment

This seems to be Ridgid modus operandi they make these complicated and vary expensive electronic camers etc, but don`t have the back to repair them in ones country whether in the U.S or Australia and send you to second, third, or fourth parties, when they should have in house Ridgid technicians who know their products back to front.
      We are are suckered into buying them on the Ridgid reputation for quallity and build our businesses around their products and cannot aford to wait around for them to be repaired by some hack.
      Ridgid has a responsiblity if they want to sell them in the first place to have a reliable in house service team wherever there sold to reapair them in the first place.

Tony

Comment

a re-term is done at the leading end of the cable. if they cut off 40' it was because the cable was broken at the 40' mark.

are there any signs of damage to the cable that you can see?

i've never broken a cable or needed one re-terminated. i've had cameras from day 1 1995. it's how you treat and handle your camera. of course it also depends on how bad the pipe is and how hard you're pushing and rubbing.

once again, you need a back up camera if you're going to do this day in and day out.

personally i would look the cable over and think about how far you typically push. then make the proper decision.

if it's less than 150', i would probably go for a new cable.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

No bad spots visible on cable, just normall abrasion. Had nothing to loose, so last night I disasembled the wet end of the system. I found disconnected red wire leading out to the pigtail, also found some questionable o-rings that I would have expected to be changed during the first reterm.

I soldered the connection back together and everything worked again.

what special tool is required to reterminat?? I dissasembled this termination completly and reinstalled and the only special tool I used was a modified dental clamp.

Comment

I think the 'special tool' (s) have to do with stripping back the pushrod to expose the wires (which can be done with patience and a pocket knife) and attaching (crimping?) the cone shaped piece (the bit onto which the spring screws) onto the pushrod.

I asked once about aquiring the tools and training to do reterms in-house, and was pretty much told to forget it; it wouldn't be worth it. It seems you in Oz have it worse than we in the States do regarding competent service centers. If that is truly the case and not just my perception, maybe you want to get into that business. I've thought more than once that doing camera repair might be a nice way to ease out of freezing my butt off all winter thawing frozen lines.

I got very frustrated with camera reliability a while ago, and tried another brand, and found it woefully inferior, and am since back to seesnake 100%. my solution has been 2 vans = 3 cameras; two out working, one ready to go to work or off being repaired. not ideal, but the best I've got.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hey guys what a fantastic topic. Rick please dont get upset with us down here. Some of us are sick and tired of the inferior service we are gettting from Ridgid Australia. I posted about our Rep, and yes we are totally pissed off. I personally have supported Ridgid and theri tools since I first got into plumbing. Yes I dont often replace these tools because they are generally so damn good quality. However I and a few of my mates are having issues with our equipment. Tony is correct, we are scared to send them in becasue we dont know which HACK is going to have a crack at it. I know of another brand of camera which is far more expensive than Ridgid and predominantly used with tractors in mainlines and the service guy is a total goose. "Lets open this up and see what we can learn today" is the basis of his business. We are professionals and we do expect to pay for professionals to service our equipment. Maybe Ridgid will take a look before it is too late. A rep is frontline for the Brand. WE all know how easy it is to BS about our perfomance and achievements. Ridgid it is really high time you start looking at our complaints or you are just going to suffer more. The Chinese cameras are getting cheaper and more available and it wont be long before it is a throw away option. I personally like quality and pay for quality service.

Comment

why would i be upset i'm sure if you're putting this on the forum multiple times you're dead serious of an issue you and others are having.

i'm also sure that ridgid is reading this and taking it serious. it's not the first time you guys in australia have brought up concerns.

i guess i've been pretty lucky as i've only had a couple repairs needed for my seesnakes. also had good luck with a repair with a propress. but i also have more than 1 choice where i bring it.

gives you a good excuses to come visit and bring your tools along

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick you ar ethe master of good ideas. However at present I am just working my butt off for the now rejected Kevin07. He was the bloke that got in as Prime Minister but totally stuffed up and was kicked out by the Red-Head. So down-under we have lots of challenges but that s a whole different story.

Two most certain things in life in Australia - Death and TAXES. Aint dead yet so I just have to keep paying taxes...........!!!!

Comment

I bet Sucks to be a companies research and developement dept. They depend on the end users a lot more than they should to fix their glitches. I am still stalling on buying a camera til all the bugs are worked out. Thnks guys for all you efforts
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Old1 -- their will always be bugs no matter how long you wait, so you might as well purachase a system and start making some money. My seesnake mini has easily made me more than it has cost me in repairs. I was frustrated with poor service performed on my machine the first time it was sent out, (reason for starting this thread) therefor forced to repair myself the second time in house. We all plumb and heat houses, clear drain blockages, and diagnose problems daily, WE ARE CAPABLE OF REPAIRING OUR OWN EQUIPMENT!!

Comment

I got a message from another Forum Mate that he ran into our Rep the other week. Seems he is feeling a little upset that we dont appreciate him. I believe he thinks he is being victimised.
                        Well I am about to let you know that I am and always have been constructive in criticism, not personal. However if this is a sign that he has been found out for his shifty snakey dealings and lack of attention to his employer, RIDGID AUSTRALIA, then so be it. He doesnt know his products as well as he thinks. So too a rasberry to RIDGID AUSTRALIA for their false and misleading advertising in regards to the LT1000 that we are anxiously awaiting the delivery of. RA admitted that they wont have stock for at least three weeks. They also dont know anything about the product, NO SURPRISE.

Josh, pack yor bags and pick up Rick and the boys adn come down under and show these morons what the real RIDGID COMPANY is about. A change is well overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post

Josh, pack yor bags and pick up Rick and the boys adn come down under and show these morons what the real RIDGID COMPANY is about. A change is well overdue.

have lt-1000 will travel

how soon can phoebe fly

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

What steps did you take to repair the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Plum4U View Post
                              Old1 -- their will always be bugs no matter how long you wait, so you might as well purachase a system and start making some money. My seesnake mini has easily made me more than it has cost me in repairs. I was frustrated with poor service performed on my machine the first time it was sent out, (reason for starting this thread) therefor forced to repair myself the second time in house. We all plumb and heat houses, clear drain blockages, and diagnose problems daily, WE ARE CAPABLE OF REPAIRING OUR OWN EQUIPMENT!!

OK THEN
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Cleanmen, just curious if you have been getting the emails that Australia has been sending to you at your hotmail account. Joe sent another one to try to get ahold of you earlier this week. Please contact them. we really want to clear some of this stuff up and make sure your taken care of.

Thanks,

Josh

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                                I got a message from another Forum Mate that he ran into our Rep the other week. Seems he is feeling a little upset that we dont appreciate him. I believe he thinks he is being victimised.
                                Well I am about to let you know that I am and always have been constructive in criticism, not personal. However if this is a sign that he has been found out for his shifty snakey dealings and lack of attention to his employer, RIDGID AUSTRALIA, then so be it. He doesnt know his products as well as he thinks. So too a rasberry to RIDGID AUSTRALIA for their false and misleading advertising in regards to the LT1000 that we are anxiously awaiting the delivery of. RA admitted that they wont have stock for at least three weeks. They also dont know anything about the product, NO SURPRISE.

Comment

Working...
                                X