X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly Irratated

So I sent my See Snake mini out to be serviced because the picture keeps blinking out on me. Got it back today. I have customers waiting for me to inspect and locate lines for them. So I end my day today with a plugged sewer, perfect lets try out the camera with its nice new shiny lens. Guess what the problem is just as bad as when I sent it out, only difference is my wallet is $680 lighter. I really hate having to rely on someone else to fix my equipment. Service center replaced cord, retermination kit, slip ring assembly, reconditioned camera head. Anyone have any Ideas as to were I should look next?

Re: Slightly Irratated

i would hope they tested it prior to you picking it up.

so, my guess is the connector on your monitor

do you have a way of testing it with a good camera from a friend?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Well, you did get a lot for $680, too bad not the right thing lol.

Did you just send them the reel? Or the monitor as well? If just the reel I'd have to point my finger at the monitor.

Mine blink out to the blue screen of death all the time. I've replaced cords and connectors at the monitor, and sent them in to sevice centers, and sent one direct to seektech, and I still have the same annoying problem. Bump the connector cord and it blinks out, bump it again and it comes back, sometimes with the sonde powered up. I gave up and just bump the cord until it works again.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I was able to test my reel with City water and sewer dept's monitor, and the problem still occured. So now I should be able to safely rule out the monitor as my issue. I called the service center after performing this test they told me it must be my monitor, until I mentioned testing it on another unit then they were stumped. They are now guessing at the interconect cable. I find that hard to believe that the interconnect cable would work fine for them at there test site but not work for me here. Seems fisshy to me! Well I hope this can get figured out soon I'm losing money every day this machine is out of comission, and thats starting to irritate me!

Comment

the good news is that you found this forum

the bad news is you have 1 camera and it's not working

guess what, i found this forum 6 years ago when my camera was down

now look at me

i now have more cameras that you can count on both hands

when a job depends on it, you need a back up system. i know it's not cheap, but it's important.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

i'm not advocating cause i'm ordering a mini ridged next week. but easycam is what i think of when i hear stories like this!
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Plum4U, please PM me with the service center you took this to and maybe we can work something out. What service did they list on the bill? Retermination? Camera head swap? Just curious.

Originally posted by Plum4U View Post
              So I sent my See Snake mini out to be serviced because the picture keeps blinking out on me. Got it back today. I have customers waiting for me to inspect and locate lines for them. So I end my day today with a plugged sewer, perfect lets try out the camera with its nice new shiny lens. Guess what the problem is just as bad as when I sent it out, only difference is my wallet is $680 lighter. I really hate having to rely on someone else to fix my equipment. Service center replaced cord, retermination kit, slip ring assembly, reconditioned camera head. Anyone have any Ideas as to were I should look next?

Comment

I recieved the new interrconnect cord today and tested the unit with this cord. Same problem it still blinks out. Spoke with the service center again and we are going to ship it back for another look.

Comment

my guess is the 512 transmitter assy. can you remove the transmitter and retest. they used to have a short inter connect cord that was used before the transmitter came factory installed.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I've tested this thing every way but standing on my head prior to sending it in. I dont want to tear into it again until the service center looks at it. Maybe some thing was not put backtogether properly when they reinstalled and If so I want it to be as it was when it returned to me.

Anyway prior to shipping it out I had removed camera head and plugged directly into monitor- no problem. I removed the transmitter from the circuit problem still occured. removed the cable completly from the drum plugged directly into monitor- problem still occured.

When I get picture with the camera still in the drum I can spin the drum forward and back without loosing picture. As soon as i bring the camera through the guide loop it blinks out. This is before and after servicing. I am guessing faulty termination, will see. Hope it doesn't have to be done to many times I am now down to 170' of cable!

Comment

By the way Thank You guys for all your input. Please dont get me wrong this is probably the greatest tool I have owned, I just need it to operate correctly and minimize my time without it. There is nothing more embarrising than bringing this high tech piece of equipment into the customers home and having it not perform its job. It has given me almost two years of flawless service, just need to get it back to its old self!

Comment

This is kind of a long shot but any chance you keep your camera in an unheated area over night? I do, and I have problems with moisture.

One of the problems is the monitor will blink/black out. When this first started happening I thought it was the camera or termination. I would shake the head and warm it with a heat gun and the problem would go away.

Turns out that was just a coincidence. Now the weather is colder the problem became more pronounced, enabling me to discover the true problem: moisture condensing in the monitor when going from cold to a warm wet basement.
                        When it happens now I warm the monitor up with the heat gun for 4mins or so and all is good.

Yet another winter of having no heated garage. Time to start bringing equipment in at night.

FYI:This is a General Gen-Eye.
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I wish I could accept that solution but this problem occurs regardless of temperature or humidity. Winter times my vans are parked in a heated garage. I also tested the city water and sewer depts reel on my monitor and it worked fine.

Comment

We are an authorized seesnake repair center, and yes occassionally cameras get sent back that tested fine at our location and then all sorts of issues come out later. Just bad luck, but stuff happens. I am guessing from your problem that the retermination failed and the camera is grounding out or it is that the sonde needs to be replaced. I would too reccommend trying to purchase a used reel or something that you can depend on during times like this it is always nice to have a back up. Quick story... Last week a good customer of ours had a camera that they brought back in after about two weeks from having the push cable reterminated. Turned out they cracked their counter and water damage caused the counter too need to be replaced, and at the same time half of the lights were out in the camera. So we sold them a new count plus counter and there camera head was under warranty so we replaced it with a round robin camera head. Then they called back three days later and said the camera head had moisture in it. So we then replaced it with a round robin camera head. Then they called back a few days later and it had went out again. So we got the camera back did a deep inspection and everything seemed fine so we put another round robin camera head on the system and didn't here from them for about a week and then we got a call and they said they were getting no picture. They brought the system back in and it turned out after investigation they blew two fuses in the new count plus counter. They have the camera back now and so far no complaints. We sell a variety of different cameras and the Ridgid is by far one of our top brands as far as durability and opperating life. Sorry this message was so long but realize there are a lot of electrical components in these systems and weather and physical abuse can do tricky things. So be delicate and try to always have a back up system available. Like always feel free to contact our store at 18009505023 if you need immediate help. P.S. good luck and don't be too hard on the repair center.

Comment

Re: Slightly Irratated/Problem Solved

Got the camera back yesterday and tested it in the garage so far so good. Had to locate a broken sewer line today and the machine was like new. Clear as could be and no blinking out. It was reterminated again!

Thanks again for everyones help and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X