X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an ANVIL!

Hey guys Im new to this site and forum. I was Looking to buy an anvil and I was directed to the rigid website from a smithing web site. Rigid does carry or atleast ditribute anvis (I put it in a search and found them) but since im new I had a hard time finding a price.
    If someone could give me a few tips on how to navigate the site or maybe even locate an anvil from rigid!

Thank you

MR
    Perris CA

Re: Looking for an ANVIL!

Originally posted by marro1980 View Post
    Hey guys Im new to this site and forum. I was Looking to buy an anvil

MR
    Perris CA
    Welcome to the forum MR. A common mistake made by people is that this is not a branch of the forum that helps you to locate tools. This is a branch that, "
    General Discussion on Utility Locates and Sonde Locating Equipment" (Discusses tools that locates underground services)

That said, if you go back to the Ridgid Home page, and look under Where to Buy

Mick

Comment

Thank you mick!

Comment

Hi Marro, welder here. I have a ships anvil , must be close to 300 lbs. Paid $125 Years ago
        Best place is the hobart forum, weld talk. Great group of Guys, just like here. Also Shop floor talk. Buy My Iron from Van Bebber Bros. Petaluma. Allum. TCI Hayward.
        toolaholic on both weld sites
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If you can find a good used one your wallet will be happier, but it is nice to see that there still made,

Farm auctions, some times Ebay, antique shops some times, (I do not remember what mine cost me, but it was under $100, and is a nice anvil, about 100 to 150 pounds,
          I still want to set my forge up and learn to do some more blacksmithing type work, maybe some time.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X