X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather

Do you guys leave your camera / monitor on the van overnight when it gets cold out?? Today here in Michigan it was a high of 12 deg
    I used the camera and scout locator today, but i brought it into the job site about 20 mins before i turned it on. It worked fine

I was just wondering if you Ever have trouble in the cold weather with them?

Re: Cold Weather

I bring my monitor in at night when it's cold. now that it's getting colder I'll start bringing in the reel as well.

Big problems with condensation in the monitor when I leave it in the van.

When it starts getting real cold I turn on a fan that plugs into the cig lighter to direct warm air to the back. Without the fan I've had jetter and hoses freeze up, and monitor condensate when I get to the job, in under an hour.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

No way will I leave an expensive, electronic item like that out in the cold. Enough condensation will send it to the graveyard. I always store mine indoors, at room temp.

Comment

Camera always comes in during the cold. Not taking a chance
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

My truck is garaged and all my tools are nice and warm on cold nights.

Tony

Comment

My old SeeSnake monitor has been on my truck for almost 17 years, never had any issues with it in the cold.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ratz...........your in chicago, so your just as cold as me in michigan.......

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                Ratz...........your in chicago, so your just as cold as me in michigan.......
                Yes sir I am. And yes it gets cold here. Never had any issues with my old monitor in the cold at all. Now if I own a LCD screen type monitor I would bring it in at night.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                X