Darnit... gonna have to clean it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnit... gonna have to clean it

Well I figured since I am remodeling my basement, I probably should check the lines before I cover the floors with carpet. My lateral checked out and looked great except for a small offset. I pushed out 80ft to the city main.

I have what I think is a little branch that goes off into my basement toilet, shower and sink drains. The first time I pushed into the line I was able to get out about 16ft and ran into some pretty thick roots that I couldnt get past I need to locate to figure out where this is going... Anyways... so when I hit the record button to document the roots I ran into some thick "mud" that I couldn't get past without loosing visibility. Its an old branch that hasnt been used in a long time but has seemed to flow fine when we use the toilet.

Gonna take home a 3800 or maybe a k60 this weekend and see what I can do to clean er out. To bad the roundup isnt next week

Attached Files

Re: Darnit... gonna have to clean it

Yum!

That looks like the Shepard's pie thats been in my refrigerator for 4months.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Are you sure you can operate those hi tech machines??

Comment

Have Adam bring the jetter over from the schoolhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Have Adam bring the jetter over from the schoolhouse.
          +1

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

The thing is... all this mud is stuck behind a big rootball at the end. I glided the camera overtop of the sludge once and got to see the roots. I'll make sure to give an update once I figure out what to do.

Josh

Comment

hire a pro. You home owners just don't have the proper tools for a job like that.

Looking forward to your k-60 story.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Root AND mud??

good thing you haven't backfilled that hole out front yet....

Comment

Looks like butt mud to me, not actual mud.

Comment

Vary the amount of water you use when using the camera, I push and pull quickly on the push rod to clear the muck off to be able to see, too much water you have to wait for it to clear down, too little and you can't wipe the lens clean.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

josh, what size cleanout is there? what is the footage from the c/o to the goo

a k-60 with a spiral root saw and possibly the 4 blade cutter will eat that stuff for lunch. running water is the key to washing the goo.

if you run into problems, you know how to reach me

set up a video on a tripod or have helen tape you. this could make thread of the week

josh, do me good

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

RICK..........
                        pack up and give him a quick crash course on the k-60!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                          RICK..........
                          pack up and give him a quick crash course on the k-60!
                          no need as we made a training video at his parents house at the first roundup.

josh is a hands on guy and he will get the hang of it.

who knows, maybe josh will dump the seasnake gig and jump on board the k-60 bandwagon

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah I know its not really mud ;-)

Clean out is 20 ft from the blockage. "mud" starts piling up 10 ft behind.

Comment

How did you make out on this Josh?

Comment

Working...
                              X