DVD Monitor Gone Bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Monitor Gone Bad

Anyone have all the buttons just completely stop working on the control panel of a SeeSnake monitor?

My DVD monitor has completely stopped working! I can still inspect lines but can no longer burn to DVD due to the fact that none of the buttons respond when pushed. Is there some sort of reset i dont know about?
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: DVD Monitor Gone Bad

Could it have anything to do with it being cold?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I had a similar problem once. One of the buttons was stuck in the depressed position. Took me a while before I noticed it.

Comment

How old is the unit, and do you bring it in out of the cold at night?
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It is a couple of years old now and it does stay in a heated shop at night. It does get cold at times sitting in the van but it does not stay in the cold anymore than anything else.

Not a single button responds to anything so i think it may be more than just exposure to the cold. Not real sure?

Comment

Sounds like the control pad went bad. Take it into Marvin and have him take a look.

BTW.. does your remote work to operate the dvd?

Comment

jr?

what's the outcome?

I've always had a bad feeling about chicklet buttons...

new pad evey so often just part of owning this?
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                jr?

what's the outcome?

I've always had a bad feeling about chicklet buttons...

new pad evey so often just part of owning this?

Membrane switches (the technical name for what you're describing) have one redeeming value, and one only - they are waterproof.

In all other ways, they totally suck as a switch. They have to be debounced when connected to logic circuitry or one press will be interpreted as multiple presses (they "bounce").

Mgfrs. use them for the waterproof feature, and they like them because they are cheap and easy to mount directly to a circuit board.

One way to make them last longer - when you get a new piece of equipment that has them, IMMEDIATELY go get some clear Contact shelf covering and put two layers of it over the switches (overlapping the area much as you can). Clear vinyl like the sign guys use is better, but unless you know a sign guy you will have to buy a whole (expensive) roll of it.

Comment

Jake, any update on this unit? Did you take it into Marvin?

Comment

I have not had anything done yet. I did talk to Shane at AJC and he said he sees this once in a while. I have been making due with it for now but it is a real pain. He said i could use the remote to record still but i don't recall ever getting one.

He said i probably need a new circuit board.

Not sure what that's gonna cost??? I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

Any update J.R.?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                      X