X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera screen went black

I have an older color see snake camera. When I turn it on the screen goes black except for 1 thin line down the middle of the screen. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how I can repair this?

Thanks

Re: camera screen went black

really need to know which unit you have, B/W? Color Model?
    Anyway do you have something like a camcorder or any type monitor you can hook to the video output to see if it is a monitor issue or the camera itself.
    Sorry didnt see the color part mentioned.
    Last edited by Cuda; 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      really need to know which unit you have, B/W? Color Model?
      Anyway do you have something like a camcorder or any type monitor you can hook to the video output to see if it is a monitor issue or the camera itself.
      Cuda's on the right track here. Find another monitor to try it with.

The "thin line" thing sounds like what used to happen to CRT TV's when the high voltage went out.

Comment

yeah, agree.

sound like the crt is toast, rest probably ok but do as cuda says to find out.

if it's as I suspect, and you're gonna buy a whole new new monitor unit rather than a new crt for yours, I'll buy the old one for parts.

dunno what a new crt costs, but you can probably find a little tv or something and make it work if you get a little creative.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
        X