X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archos 705 and seesnake

So I got my archos 705 yesterday. A little disappointing. I think it's defective but I thought I'd post here and see if those of you who have them know what's wrong in case I'm just being dense.

Screen won't come on. Little green light on the on/off button lights up green when I push it, but the main screen just stays black. Charged it overnight, no difference. Think the charger is working as, with the on/off button dark, when I plug it in it lights up green. Pulled the battery and pushed the hidden reset button behind there, no dfference. Is it just broken or am I doing something stupid?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Archos 705 and seesnake

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    So I got my archos 705 yesterday. A little disappointing. I think it's defective but I thought I'd post here and see if those of you who have them know what's wrong in case I'm just being dense.

Screen won't come on. Little green light on the on/off button lights up green when I push it, but the main screen just stays black. Charged it overnight, no difference. Think the charger is working as, with the on/off button dark, when I plug it in it lights up green. Pulled the battery and pushed the hidden reset button behind there, no dfference. Is it just broken or am I doing something stupid?
    I had the same problem when I bought one of these for my daughter. I ended up returning it and getting her a 30 Gig Zune. I think it was OHS (operators head space) in my case as well.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have 2 of the 705's the screen just comes on. The only time it is not on is when I have it in the cradle hooked to a TV and I push the lower button below the on button then it goes off till I hit it again, but that does not sound like what is going on.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Also when you turn it on the screen says Archos while it boots up it is Linux os underneath.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post

You ARE pushing and holding POWER for about 5 sec, right?

Just a quick stab won't do it...

Comment

push and hold, after ~1sec green light above power button comes on. hold longer no diff

push and hols ~15 seconds with green light already on, green light goes off.

never been able to make it do anything but light the green light.

manual says 'chg' should lite up while charging, and go blinky when done. never lights up. but plugging it in with green power lite off does turn green lite on.

talked to vendor today they are to send me another and a call tag for the first.
            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace you ever get a new unit and do you use it?
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X