Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake Compact Issues ???

Crikey. By jingo's!

What a fantastic forum site for those like myself who start salivating at the sight of super smart tools like the seesnake!

Apologies for lurking for some time and not contributing. Been busy wrestling croc's and training kangaroos here downunder. Just chased the wombat out of the office so now have 10 min's to compose a post.

I am desperately chasing the rubber (oil filled) boot that lives inside the camera head spring on my Compact seesnake. Also need the stainless press ring that sits at the camera head end of the pushrod, partly concealed bythe afore mentioned rubber boot bit.

Snapped the cable when I hit a wandering platypus fair, smack bang in the Kyber passage.

Got a tech savvy genius who reckon's he can handle the repair but split the rubber boot open to eyeball the transmitter coil. Would also need the stainless press ring to complete the reterm'.

Need to get the 'snake up and running before the wet season really takes hold.
    The Buffalo are starting to look north and groaning all day so it cant be to far off.

Would like to extend a big "G'day Digger" to all you cowboys north of Oz.
    Feel like I know you blokes already after sifting all the seesnake posts the other arvo'.

Cheers boys and girls. Off to throw down a frothy or two dozen, before the Handbrake and Tin lid catches me rootin' around like an echidna in a honey store.

Any assistance you guru's can put my way would be greatly appreciated.

Knockin' about fifteen large off the southern hemisphere seesnake plus set up
    would be bloody fantastic too Joshby.

Love your work!
    Plunge on Plumbin' folk!

Re: Seesnake Compact Issues ???

Originally posted by ocplumbing View Post
    Crikey. By jingo's!

What a fantastic forum site for those like myself who start salivating at the sight of super smart tools like the seesnake!

Apologies for lurking for some time and not contributing. Been busy wrestling croc's and training kangaroos here downunder. Just chased the wombat out of the office so now have 10 min's to compose a post.

I am desperately chasing the rubber (oil filled) boot that lives inside the camera head spring on my Compact seesnake. Also need the stainless press ring that sits at the camera head end of the pushrod, partly concealed bythe afore mentioned rubber boot bit.

Snapped the cable when I hit a wandering platypus fair, smack bang in the Kyber passage.

Got a tech savvy genius who reckon's he can handle the repair but split the rubber boot open to eyeball the transmitter coil. Would also need the stainless press ring to complete the reterm'.

Need to get the 'snake up and running before the wet season really takes hold.
    The Buffalo are starting to look north and groaning all day so it cant be to far off.

Would like to extend a big "G'day Digger" to all you cowboys north of Oz.
    Feel like I know you blokes already after sifting all the seesnake posts the other arvo'.

Cheers boys and girls. Off to throw down a frothy or two dozen, before the Handbrake and Tin lid catches me rootin' around like an echidna in a honey store.

Any assistance you guru's can put my way would be greatly appreciated.

Knockin' about fifteen large off the southern hemisphere seesnake plus set up
    would be bloody fantastic too Joshby.

Love your work!
    Plunge on Plumbin' folk!
    It must be hell up there where ever ?? as we down here are city slickers and only see croc`s and kangaroos at the zoo, I would contact your local ridgid rep to get the bits and pieces you need to repair your seesnake camera as I think you will need more than a tech savvy genius to fix it.

Tony

Comment

i have a joey/ (baby kangaroo) at home too i can use a vacation. how about a ticket to ride and i'll pack all the toys and parts too

been a while since i've been down under

but only a couple months since i was in kiwiland

so i know how things work in reverse

welcome to the forum

your post reminds me of an aussi dunbar

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

1- Gee's Tone, almost sounds like your on the Payroll at RIDGID. What about havin' a crack and sortin' some stuff out for one's own self. Surely a bit of good old head scratchin', chin strokin' fiddling around with stuff you've been told numerous times not to touch, keeps one on one's toes, if you follow my drift.

Just takin' the P!$$, thanks for responding and good luck to yah in the dirty, grimey, Indian targeting city of Melbourne.( for our Northern counterparts, it's big news in the plughole of Earth (Oz), that Indians in Melbourne are as popular as Herpes at a swingers knee'sup. Or so our good friends in the Orstraalyan media seem to be insinuating. We can't get the newspaper out here in Timbuktoo, but make an effort to keep abreast of what you Yuppie's down south are up to.

Sorry guys to rattle on, just many incidents of Indian's being assaulted in Melbourne in the last year. Causin' a bit of a fuss as foreign students are big dough to Aussie economy and Indian's have had a gutful of 'some' less than down home hospitable behaviour.
        Thus concludes the update on foreign affairs in da south land.

Ohh Rick, I bet you say that to all the boy's.

Thank's Big Rick for sayin' G'day, and if your taxman can swing it, sure drop down and get on the sauce. Insist you bring 'Joey Jumper' too and we'll get out the good glasses, 'yeah' fully go to town! Mate if I could fund it myself I'd get yah both down, just to see the smile on your on your dial as the chopper roars down on a mob of wild brumby's, or la Jumper dragging a 20+ pound barra out of the jaws of ole snake eye's and into the tinnie.

Seem's like your always itchin' to get away from the bright lights, maybe it aint all that it's cracked up to be in Fairyland. Maybe we should do a clean swap and you mouseketeers can keep the station goin', while us country cousins can have a crack at Tinsletown. Reckon we could raise a fuss, even there.

Not to be a bore, but getting back to them parts ?
        Big Rick, you strike me as a guy who likes to have more than one... when it comes to schmancy tools that is. If nothing else your into this groove, you know what i'm talkin about. Snakes ss ss ss ... Seasnakes. Who knows how to pull these baby's down and soup 'em right back up again?

I've been working on that reel direct to laptop scenario and have the DVD smokin' straight off the compact ( well I did before one of my rock wallaby apprentices tried to endoscope a marsupial with the sneaky end of it).
        Just seems that now Joshby's at the lever's, Big Ridge's Diagnostic Division
        is half one third of a small step ahead of my tinkering. I'm sure you got some solid folk in the trenches with you too Joshby. So here's to the Seasnake Ninja's that creep silently through the ether, developing high standard equipment that can be sold at astronomical prices to the battlers of the great southern land and our poor kiwi cousins ( actually pretty much any unlucky b#st#rd that has around 240 Volts comin' straight out of the board and wacking your eyeballs onto your chest, when you get home a little bit late, pass out in the bath and get woken up by the good lady wife's, plugged in, hair straightener, massaging your nasal passage then getting tossed in alongside you for a rejuvenating dip (Oh she's a live one alright).

Three cheers for the Ridge Ninja's. Hip-hip. HOO-RAY *3(inclusive).
        And you other silent warlords of the pipe rock too. Cmon, lets hear from you guys, I know there is a power of knowledge out there so share brothers and sisters (my kindest regards to Mrs Seat-down apologies in advance for my somewhat lacksadaisical spellin' an grandma(gramma).

Plunge on Comrades (term of endearment down here-don't go all Cold War on me).

Comment

Originally posted by ocplumbing View Post
          1- Gee's Tone, almost sounds like your on the Payroll at RIDGID. What about havin' a crack and sortin' some stuff out for one's own self. Surely a bit of good old head scratchin', chin strokin' fiddling around with stuff you've been told numerous times not to touch, keeps one on one's toes, if you follow my drift.

Just takin' the P!$$, thanks for responding and good luck to yah in the dirty, grimey, Indian targeting city of Melbourne.( for our Northern counterparts, it's big news in the plughole of Earth (Oz), that Indians in Melbourne are as popular as Herpes at a swingers knee'sup. Or so our good friends in the Orstraalyan media seem to be insinuating. We can't get the newspaper out here in Timbuktoo, but make an effort to keep abreast of what you Yuppie's down south are up to.

Sorry guys to rattle on, just many incidents of Indian's being assaulted in Melbourne in the last year. Causin' a bit of a fuss as foreign students are big dough to Aussie economy and Indian's have had a gutful of 'some' less than down home hospitable behaviour.
          Thus concludes the update on foreign affairs in da south land.

Ohh Rick, I bet you say that to all the boy's.

Thank's Big Rick for sayin' G'day, and if your taxman can swing it, sure drop down and get on the sauce. Insist you bring 'Joey Jumper' too and we'll get out the good glasses, 'yeah' fully go to town! Mate if I could fund it myself I'd get yah both down, just to see the smile on your on your dial as the chopper roars down on a mob of wild brumby's, or la Jumper dragging a 20+ pound barra out of the jaws of ole snake eye's and into the tinnie.

Seem's like your always itchin' to get away from the bright lights, maybe it aint all that it's cracked up to be in Fairyland. Maybe we should do a clean swap and you mouseketeers can keep the station goin', while us country cousins can have a crack at Tinsletown. Reckon we could raise a fuss, even there.

Not to be a bore, but getting back to them parts ?
          Big Rick, you strike me as a guy who likes to have more than one... when it comes to schmancy tools that is. If nothing else your into this groove, you know what i'm talkin about. Snakes ss ss ss ... Seasnakes. Who knows how to pull these baby's down and soup 'em right back up again?

I've been working on that reel direct to laptop scenario and have the DVD smokin' straight off the compact ( well I did before one of my rock wallaby apprentices tried to endoscope a marsupial with the sneaky end of it).
          Just seems that now Joshby's at the lever's, Big Ridge's Diagnostic Division
          is half one third of a small step ahead of my tinkering. I'm sure you got some solid folk in the trenches with you too Joshby. So here's to the Seasnake Ninja's that creep silently through the ether, developing high standard equipment that can be sold at astronomical prices to the battlers of the great southern land and our poor kiwi cousins ( actually pretty much any unlucky b#st#rd that has around 240 Volts comin' straight out of the board and wacking your eyeballs onto your chest, when you get home a little bit late, pass out in the bath and get woken up by the good lady wife's, plugged in, hair straightener, massaging your nasal passage then getting tossed in alongside you for a rejuvenating dip (Oh she's a live one alright).

Three cheers for the Ridge Ninja's. Hip-hip. HOO-RAY *3(inclusive).
          And you other silent warlords of the pipe rock too. Cmon, lets hear from you guys, I know there is a power of knowledge out there so share brothers and sisters (my kindest regards to Mrs Seat-down apologies in advance for my somewhat lacksadaisical spellin' an grandma(gramma).

Plunge on Comrades (term of endearment down here-don't go all Cold War on me).
          Yes we have a bit of trouble down here but the Indians calling us racists is a bit rich when one of them ran over an Australain while drunk in a car and then pleading guilty and when given bail returns to Indiania on a mates passport and the Indian govenment could`t care less.
          The Indian students are not picked on anymore than anybody else as there are some parts of Melbourne I wouldn`t walk in at night for fear of being mugged and I know this is a fact in any city in the world we give everyone that comes to Australia far a go they carn`t get out of Indian fast enough and come to Australia and other countries for a better life and that says something about their own country.

PS
          Rick is the man with the loaves and fishies when it comes to ridgid products what he dosen`t know about them isn`t worth knowing.

Tony

Comment

Welcome to the forum OC! good to have another member from down under to keep us company.

So let me get this straight... you guys cut open the flexmitter . Those are more expensive than a reterm itself .

your best bet is going to be to get ahold of on of your local sales guys to see what your options are. We need to get ya up and running ASAP.

BTW... keep your eyes peeled for new products in the next month. I think we have something that'll make you smile.

Josh

Comment

No, No, No Joshby yah rabbit. This is an early model Compact. Black push rod and pre dates flexmitter (I guess). Inside camera head spring assembly, is (was) oil filled rubber bladder/boot. This rubber bladder sits partially over a stainless press ring with a few ridges in it. I really need both components. Can't seal this bad boy up and get it back down me mate Jacko's throat, to properly diagnose where that terrible hacking cough, that makes the dingoes howl all night, is precisely coming from.

Fair dinkum this young tech wizard I've got my hands on is A1, he'll get this sorted before mornin' smoko if I can get the blighter the right parts.

Had to go down this track as your agent down here reckons its back to the States or bust with my little Compact mate. Reckon's we don't have the expertise to reterm' my machine. What a lotta frog #$@% hey, if my boy reckon's he can nail it, surely Ridgid has got someone in this god forsaken hot, humid plughole of a counntry that can get out the soldering iron and some old rusty paperclips to fire up one much loved SeasssSnake. C'mon you rascals, sort me out. I need you team. I'm calling out to you silent warriors of the Ridgid storerooms all over. Source the parts, wise warriors, leave no stone unturned. Struth Joshby, you probably have these bits rollin around in automobile.

FYI - It doesn't take much to make me smile (saw two kookaburra's goin hammer and tongs at it yesterday mornin and took me till 4 in the arvo to keep a straight face). Was inside the mother-in-law's car though.
              On a serious note, cmon Big guy, spill the beans. What have you and the gang been up to locked up in that dark cupboard all winter. You guys been running wires aven't yah.
              Cmon give us a couple of clues? What about a sneaky pic or two?
              I wont be able to sleep you cheeky beggar. Better dust off the ole cheque book Mum
              Joshby and the gang been tinkerin again.

Go you good things! Yeah!

Comment

never seen ocplumbing and dunbar on at the same time

have you tried to contact ridgid customer service for help?

not sure if they do the email thing?

maybe 1 of them will come on and give you some advise. but first they need to find a translator

this is like reading a post from an american redneck

keep it up oc, i've enjoyed the post

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Turn it up Big Rick, what's this translator nonsense.
                  Thought I'd just jump on the forum and see how many posts before I'd get you inviting yourself over to crash on the couch.
                  Also my good man in reference to THE SNAKE, I didn't go through that email avenue as
                  I felt it was time to say Gday to you Buggers,
                  Do you comprende what i'm getting at with the Compact. By the look of that photo you've been around the block. And Wildman Tony reckon's what you don't know about these black and orange vipers aint worth knowing. Cmon Tiger help us out?

This Dunbar character sounds like a bloody good bloke though.

Comment

And lay off the US Rednecks! Three sisters I ran into were very bloody accommodatin' like. And the other two who seemed to be cohabitatin in a room with their big hairy brother- husbands meant well too. I won't hear a bad word about 'em.

Next you'll draggin poor old Dunbar into this sordid mess!

Comment

Sorry but I just couldn't pass up the chance.

I just want to send out a very big Bustling HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Dhead.

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

maybe 1 of them will come on and give you some advise. but first they need to find a translator

rick.
                        I`am feeling the same way Rick Australains don`t talk like this anymore I haven`t heard this slang in years

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                          I`am feeling the same way Rick Australians don`t talk like this anymore I haven`t heard this slang in years

Tony

Comment

Chill out Big Tone, I got you the first time.
                            Reckon 42 yrs in the stink business might have made you a touch cynical there lad.

Appears the bits for the Compact I need, are as rare as rocking horse S#!#!

Bit of a head scratcher, but where there's a will.
                            Down but not out fella's and three wheeler's.

Any advice?
                            Camera head, reel, bits and piece's someone doesn't need anymore.
                            You'd make this young buck as happy as a dog with two d!*#$.

Comment

#*&#
                              Last edited by ocplumbing; 02-04-2010, 07:23 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post -Seem's us Aussies like to repeat ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X