X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irritating microEXPLORER reset problem

I have the same problem with mine, at the same location noted by seweratz. However I don't have a loose cable or connection. Been there since day one, and if I loosen the lock ring just a hair it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      For me it's just the standard MicroExplorer with the included 3' cable/camera.

J.C.
      Happening a lot more lately with me. Have to be very careful not to bump the imager head or she freezes up. Fustrating when making a video because it doesn't save the file.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Happening a lot more lately with me. Have to be very careful not to bump the imager head or she freezes up. Fustrating when making a video because it doesn't save the file.
        Me too the other day. Honestly haven't had to pull it out in awhile so it hasn't been on my mind.

But something is not right with these things. Grounding wrong in some way?

J.C.

Comment

For the Ridgid folks:

Turn a MicroExplorer on at full brightness for 5 to 10 minutes and then look into something like 1.5" galvanized. You could mock up a couple of short pieces with a 45 to make it touch or bump in the turn.

The other day when using mine, the light would go out at various times. And it seems like once or twice I had a software "freeze".

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

going to try something next week. Putting my 17mm imager head from the Micro on and see if it still freezes. Then I'll know if it's in the head or in the Explorer but no self leveling

Comment

I'm starting to think it's like a plumbing problem.

Two things going on at different times making you think it's only one or the other. I'm no electronics or computer guy but I'm gonna' guess:

Grounding problem causing light to go out.
              Freezing problem caused by grounding problem and/or software.

I almost "fixed" it with a hammer the other day.

J.C.

Comment

Glad I'm not alone here.

On my second Explorer. Both have been back to Seek Tech in San Diego several times.

Comment

I have not had it happen in a while.... But after reading what Ron said I decided i would not tighten up the connection as tight and have been trouble free since *shrug*

I do know that after 10 minutes with the lights @ 100% the head could burn ya it is so hot...

Comment

well sorry to keep reeding about every one haveing a problem for I have yet to have a problem with my micro explorer or real setup but this will be the first place I will go if I do
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

We are talking about the microExplorer with 17 mm camera head. The problem seems to be contained to a batch of units manufactured in 2009. I work in a Seesnake repair center and I have not seen the problem in any of the later units. I believe the problem to be related to a bad lead between the main unit and the camera.

Very interesting tip to loosen the lock ring a bit to remove the problem.
                      Regards,
                      Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
                      www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Comment

Originally posted by santander View Post
                        We are talking about the microExplorer with 17 mm camera head. The problem seems to be contained to a batch of units manufactured in 2009. I work in a Seesnake repair center and I have not seen the problem in any of the later units. I believe the problem to be related to a bad lead between the main unit and the camera.

Very interesting tip to loosen the lock ring a bit to remove the problem.
                        So this is a known issue with the Explorer? Is there a fix?

Comment

Mine does the same thing, alot lately, it is irritating, as you have to turn off and on !

Comment

Working...
                          X