X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating microEXPLORER reset problem

has anyone here noticed the problem that the microexplorer resets if you bump the camera head onto a hard surface? especially irritating if you are making a recording since your recording will be lost. i have been wondering if it is related to static discharge since the problem seems to be occuring more often when bumping into metal parts than bumping into wood or other materials. i have tested with several different microexplorers and camera heads and all display the same problem.
    Last edited by santander; 11-19-2010, 03:42 AM.
    Regards,
    Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
    www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Re: Irritating microEXPLORER reset problem

Father Murphy will be along in a wee bit. Then You can tell Him all Your Little problems.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Same here. I am calling my Ridgid rep tomorrow. Every time I bump something with the head, it resets the whole unit. Very Annoying!

Comment

I have also had this issue (in the first few days of operation)....

I talked to a Ridgid rep about it who said to send my explorer in to a repair center (warranty).

I would be curious to see how many more people are having this problem, Could be a bad batch of heads or something.

Funny thing is I try to make it happen and it wont...lol

Comment

I've had that happen on occasion. I couldn't reproduce the problem when I tried to though.

Comment

Seen it happen in a galvanized line I was taking a peek in. The head and cable was straight. Bumped or touched the inside. And out she went.

J.C.

Comment

The nice thing about this board is Ridgid.

Josh, Any thoughts on this

Comment

Quick question... is this the 3 foot attachments that comes standard with the microEXPLORER your talking about? or are we talking about the microReel. I havente experienced it with either myself and I have played extensively with the microReel and Explorer.

Let me know which configuration you are talking about.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

For me it's just the standard MicroExplorer with the included 3' cable/camera.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    For me it's just the standard MicroExplorer with the included 3' cable/camera.

J.C.

Me too.

Comment

Samsies

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Quick question... is this the 3 foot attachments that comes standard with the microEXPLORER your talking about? or are we talking about the microReel. I havente experienced it with either myself and I have played extensively with the microReel and Explorer.

Let me know which configuration you are talking about.

Thanks,

Josh
                        Mine is on the 100' reel. I used my camera all day on two different jobs.

It was acting "glithcy."

-I would cut it off, it would cut itself back on.

- I put an SD card in it to make a video, the screen goes black. I take it out, it works fine.

-I would bump into something with the head, it would reset itself. I am not a happy camper right now.

--I talked to my ridgid rep and they are sending me a new unit tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Summers Plumbing--Athens, GA
                        Last edited by summplumb; 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Something is up with your microEXPLORER. So far for me the microReel has been really stable with the EXPLORER. Having the SD card in shouldn't impact the operation other than expanding your storage for recording.

Yeah.. the rubber door isn't optimal. I'm not a fan of it myself. It does do a good job of keeping it water tight though.

Glad you got ahold of Jim.

Josh

Originally posted by summplumb View Post
                          Mine is on the 100' reel. I used my camera all day on two different jobs.

It was acting "glithcy."

-I would cut it off, it would cut itself back on.

- I put an SD card in it to make a video, the screen goes black. I take it out, it works fine.

-I would bump into something with the head, it would reset itself. I am not a happy camper right now.

--I talked to my ridgid rep and they are sending me a new unit tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Summers Plumbing--Athens, GA

Comment

Any ideas about the consistency of the problem I and others have noted?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I had an issue with mine right at the connector that hooks up to the hand held unit.(marked in red in pic) The flexible shaft was coming undone at the connector (marked in green) Maybe when you guys tap the head into something its acting like a lever on that connector.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Any ideas about the consistency of the problem I and others have noted?

Thanks.

J.C.
                              Attached Files
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X