X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Head help

My micro head (black one) came apart in my hand today, is it the black ones that had problems? Did they change? I bought mine when they first came out so it has to be an early unit. What is the proceedure to get it fixed? Do I take it to the same guys in town that fix my seesnakes?
    Thanks!
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Micro Head help

Bryce,
    Unfortunately the camera head can not be repaired, it is unltasonicly bonded. It needs to be replaced. The catalog nunber for the replacement Imager Head is 26663.
    If the Imager Head is not abused nor misused, you can return to our Factory Service Center for warranty inspection. Please call Customer Service at 1-888-743-4333. They can give you a ( RGA) Return Goods Authorization.

Comment

The old micro camera head was made of plastic and not very strong. I normally replace it under warranty if the cable has little wear indicating careful use. The new micro camera head is reinforced with metal so it wont break easily. We have not had a single instance of broken head with the new design.
      Last edited by santander; 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM.
      Regards,
      Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
      www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Comment

Unltasonicly?

I am definitely going to look that one up

Comment

Thanks for these posts. The same exact thing happened to my SeeSnake camera head - it was loose and just popped off! I've used the tool a total of 5 times so it looks brand new.

I called for an RMA and will be sending it. Hopefully it will be covered as it seems this is a common problem.

Comment

I think he meant ultrasonically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasonic_welding

Comment

keep us updated! I had the same thing happen last night on a borrowed micro that had only been used once...

Comment

Well I sent it in after speaking with Ridgid tech support and a few weeks later they sent me out a brand new one!

I think that they recognize it was a design flaw with the previous design.

Comment

Working...
                X