Love it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love it!

I love the 100 ft with sonde and counter. How much do you guys pay for it in the US ??I would love 1 of those here in Australia.........Not sure if they are released here yet?? I would need 240 v 3 pin ....

Comment

What that thing cost about?

Comment

The internet has it listed from $3100-$3600 that is without the Explorer.

Your Local Ridgid dealer should be able to beat the internet though (Central Oklahoma Winnelson beat every price I could find but also try Marv at Alen J. Coleman in Chicago who comes highly recommended)
        Last edited by OkieBill; 03-03-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

We have been using them in our trucks and our guys love them too! They now have all the benefits of the mini seesnake except for the length but be warned........ the cable is not the same as the Micro Drain camera. I demonstrated the cable by tying a knot in it like I would with the Micro Drain and it snapped! Damn! The customer looked at me as if was nuts.

So, great camera and clip on monitor combo with digital recording facility for less than the cost of a holiday to Australia with the family!! Cheap! May as well use the technology!

Off to fix my cable!
          Last edited by bill2601; 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM.
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Perfect,I just paid off the see snake this should put me right back on the s!%t list with Da WIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
              We have been using them in our trucks and our guys love them too! They now have all the benefits of the mini seesnake except for the length but be warned........ the cable is not the same as the Micro Drain camera. I demonstrated the cable by tying a knot in it like I would with the Micro Drain and it snapped! Damn! The customer looked at me as if was nuts.

So, great camera and clip on monitor combo with digital recording facility for less than the cost of a holiday to Australia with the family!! Cheap! We now edit the video and upload it to you-tube then e-mail the link to the clients. I find they then look over past jobs or any other marketing too and some even subscribe to us. May as well use the technology!

Off to fix my cable!
              bill, i thought you knew that since you read the forum regularly. the micro reel is a great push rod, but it will snap under the right conditions. tying a knot was probably the right condition

how bout those root rangers amazing

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I decided to do my first full inspection on my own house from the 4" roof vent.

-I have a cast line which after an hour of trying to make the turn at the bottom of the stack and be able to push out I gave up

The pushcable was just not stiff enough to push through the turn after 17'.

Still a great Camera But I can't expect it to do everything...lol

Comment

did you have a guide ball on the camera?

i use a larger guide ball from my older b&w mini. this is the same size and it's got a bigger and better taper.

what was the issue? a tight turn or an offset?

you're right. the camera is not going to work with every situation. but when it does, it works very, very nice. light weight and easy to power with an explorer.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I only had the small guide balls on (My replacements have not shown up yet.)

-I had to use a string to get the head turned in the right direction (It kept wanting to turn into a cleanout plug.

Once the head was in the right direction there was just to much weight on the head from the 17" of cable above it so when I went to push the cable it would wet noodle .

I'm sure a stiffer cable would be able to overcome this resistance.

I still love this camera:-) and may have better luck trying to get into my main line from a smaller line that will better contain the cable...
                    Last edited by OkieBill; 03-04-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Bill, could you do me a HUGE favor and post a picture of the broken Star guides. I cant believe they would ship to you and both be broken. I want to see what happened to them.

Thanks!

josh

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      I'm very impressed with it

Only bummer was that the 2 large centering stars were broken but Winnelson got them in the mail to me this afternoon so I will have them tomorrow...

Now I gotta get the Count plus dialed in and order another battery...

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        bill, i thought you knew that since you read the forum regularly. the micro reel is a great push rod, but it will snap under the right conditions. tying a knot was probably the right condition

how bout those root rangers amazing

rick.
                        Yes indeed! I was getting a little carried away and confused the 2 reels. I just love watching the reaction on the face of another plumber when you show him the strength of the MicroDrain buy knotting the cable in front of him!! Priceless!
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Josh, Here is the Pic. You can just see where the stars pressed into the plastic of both bags...

Is there some other guide besides the large and small centering stars? I have a piece of plastic that looks out of place (it does not look like a star part but I only have half of one, see highlighted)

This is all of the pieces except for the two intact small centering stars

Last edited by OkieBill; 03-04-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

The highlighted red box is showing the spanner tool to take the camera head off of the unit.

Comment

Wondered what that plastic part was for ...darn now I have to try and find it.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Yeah... the new spanner wrenches are a big departure from the old ones. They work well though.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                                X