X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital memory card recorder

just got this email offer and if it's anything like the little giant ladder offer mark posted 2 weeks ago, i should have bought more.

http://tanga.com/products/sandisk-v-...eo-recorder--2

i hope this does what it says it does. i bought 2 just in case it does.

jump on it as this is a very limited time offer. $25.00 out the door delivered is worth the try.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: digital memory card recorder

I don't see any offer?
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Why did you edit and remove the link Rick? EDIT: It's back.

http://www.tanga.com/products/sandis...eo-recorder--2

I Googled around and found similar pricing at many dealers.

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM.

Comment

back up and good.

so what do you guys think?

am i thinking it will work pretty good

or is it more junk for joey to sell

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I read the reviews and will give it a shot. I didn't want to set up an account with that company so I bought mine here.
          http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMV1-.../dp/B000IN72KK

price was a little higher but free shipping.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Amazon is the better deal because of the freebies. I don't need it though as all of my office computers have the capability already.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks for the link Rick, I forwarded it to my friend that was looking for something just like this. He is ordering one up today.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

it's gotta plug into a wall, no? for me that makes it pretty much an at home transfer from vhs to digital device only.

I'm finding the archos 705 to be pretty cool. died on me the other day; hadn't charged it in a while... need to get a car charger for it.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  it's gotta plug into a wall, no? for me that makes it pretty much an at home transfer from vhs to digital device only.

I'm finding the archos 705 to be pretty cool. died on me the other day; hadn't charged it in a while... need to get a car charger for it.

Don't bother with a "car charger". Go to auto parts or electronics store and buy cheap 400W inverter. Has many other uses, like charging tool batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    back up and good.

so what do you guys think?

am i thinking it will work pretty good

or is it more junk for joey to sell

rick.

Too cheap. Must be selling out dead stock that won't move. That usually means "not very good".

Were any of you able to find out what rez and frame rate this thing will do?

Comment

My equipment purchase for last year was a Well-Vu 1000' domestic well inspection camera. It came with a non-wireless version of this:

http://www.dinodirect.com/2-5-TFT-LC.../AFFID-19.html

This little thing captures 640 x 480 @ 29.97 MPEG-4 video as cleanly as my Archos does. Too bad it has such a small display. But it would make a great recording device for any of you that already have something with a bigger display and want to move to something other than tapes or DVD's.

Comment

Vance Can that well camera see in dirty water? I have done a few culverts and they need to know how much sediment is in the bottom my camera just bounce the light off the water so I could only measure how many feet deep the water was then push to see how much sediment (felt) like it was in the bottom. Water retension problems are a big thing in the big city nowdays. But a lot of people built over them with major patios etc. Now the city wants to rip there stuff apart, some day the people will be burnt as the culverts will fill up and need to be pumped but there is no way into them except the 3" inlet line I go in with my camera.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          Vance Can that well camera see in dirty water? I have done a few culverts and they need to know how much sediment is in the bottom my camera just bounce the light off the water so I could only measure how many feet deep the water was then push to see how much sediment (felt) like it was in the bottom. Water retension problems are a big thing in the big city nowdays. But a lot of people built over them with major patios etc. Now the city wants to rip there stuff apart, some day the people will be burnt as the culverts will fill up and need to be pumped but there is no way into them except the 3" inlet line I go in with my camera.

Cuda:

To me, "culvert" means pipe on its side, usually under a road.

Sounds like you're describing something vertical?

Anyway, no camera can lick the "dirty water" problem. It's just physics.

The WellVu has it's LED's angled such that it minimizes reflections off of the particles you often get in a well casing. "Dirt" is much more finely grained and that won't work.

There are a few sonar style sewer cameras that don't use light at all. They find problems with sewers by profiling the inside with sound pings and then reconstructing an "image". It doesn't look like a photo but is very useful nonetheless. That would work for what you're trying to do if the pipe is horizontal. You'd be able to see the round part (up) and the flat part (the sediment in the bottom).

Get your wallet out and prepare for it to be drained if you want one of these babies.

Comment

Rick, I have one. It works but I'm not impressed with the quality.

Save your money or send me $15 + shipping & handling and I will give you mine.

So you don't forget order before midnight tonight.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

So whats the story is it any good. Worth the purshase?

Comment

Working...
                              X