X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid sonde transmitter demensions needed

I'm shopping for a compact sonde to connect to my 3/8" drain cables for line locating. 512 hz, anyone have the dimensions for the Rigid #16728 or equivilent? Thanks.

Re: Rigid sonde transmitter demensions needed

If you go here: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Remote-T...r/EN/index.htm

There are 4 little boxes/links underneath the REMOTE TRANSMITTER title. The one on the left is a PDF. of it's description.

Size is on page 2.

.9375" x 2.92". There are also pics of someone handling it and the battery being installed to give you a visual idea.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

I have that same transmitter, dont have the size but it works well. it passes through house traps, i have ran it down a 2" c/i vent stack
      I would never try it on an 1-1/2" line. All and all it works Great!

Comment

I have the same one as well (well actually Adam has it right now). Don't forget you need to order the adapter to go with it.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I also have one.

It works well and runs on one AAA battery. Bite the bullet and get the adapters for your other cables.

I once duct taped the sonde to my cities SERCO 60 GPM jetter and ran it out about 300' so we could mark it and get depths

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I have the same one as well (well actually Adam has it right now). Don't forget you need to order the adapter to go with it.

Mark
            Thanks Mark.
            The adapter for the 5/8" sectional has a small profile and is very flexible allowing locates on clogged or broken sink and laundry lines.
            These broken kitchen/laundry lines under concrete repairs have been a large part of what's keeping me above water.

Comment

I have the Seesnake Compact with a sonde in it. I understand locating clogs/shears/collapses with it to dig up, but why locate without sight?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                I have the Seesnake Compact with a sonde in it. I understand locating clogs/shears/collapses with it to dig up, but why locate without sight?
                Buy the micro drain and you can also see what the problem is as well as locate it.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                  Good point, we don't own a camera, but we already own a Schonstedt Tracemaster locator we use at the school district for locating everything else. A sonde will make it more usefull for my use. Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X