Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Locating water services

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    Here you are some pictures of pipe clips from Australian pipe locators I have

Tony
    Who makes the all metallic ones.

J.C.

Comment

Aegis?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Who makes the all metallic ones.

J.C.
        All the pipe locators I have bought in Australia over the years have had pipe clips large enough to clip onto 12mm 1/2" 18mm 3/4" and 25mm 1" water pipes without having use other methods to do so and wasting time and money and that is the point that I have tried to show I paid top money for my Navitrack scout and brick and expected the best from a Ridgid product which I normally get but what lets it down are the pipe clips the most important part of the whole locator for if you don`t get the current running through the pipe you are trying to locator your history.
        And on looking at the Operators manual the pipe clips look larger than the ones supplied and a now wondering has Ridgid changed their size.?

Tony

Comment

Aegis?

J.C.
          CORRECT you win the a prize.

Tony

Comment

All the pipe locators I have bought in Australia over the years have had pipe clips large enough to clip onto 12mm 1/2" 18mm 3/4" and 25mm 1" water pipes without having use other methods to do so and wasting time and money and that is the point that I have tried to show I paid top money for my Navitrack scout and brick and expected the best from a Ridgid product which I normally get but what lets it down are the pipe clips the most important part of the whole locator for if you don`t get the current running through the pipe you are trying to locator your history.
            And on looking at the Operators manual the pipe clips look larger than the ones supplied and a now wondering has Ridgid changed their size.?

Tony
            Those ARE different than the ones on the Yellow Brick transmitter but don't look that much smaller. If any. I just looked again and it does not appear that they have changed from the clips you have...But they still don't look large enough to clip on 1" galvanized. Might have to keep a small pair of vise grips in your back pocket.

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-11-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Those ARE different than the ones on the Yellow Brick transmitter but don't look that much smaller. If any. I just looked again and it does not appear that they have changed from the clips you have...But they still don't look large enough to clip on 1" galvanized. Might have to keep a small pair of vise grips in your back pocket.

J.C.
              What Time is it where you are as it is 3.45pm Melbourne estime here

Tony

Comment

1:47 a.m. Fell asleep this afternoon and got the insomnia.

J.C.

Comment

Here you are some pictures of pipe clips from Australian pipe locators I have Tony
                  Thanks!

Guy

Comment

1:47 a.m. Fell asleep this afternoon and got the insomnia.

J.C.
                    You have to be joking I`m not that committed to this forum I'm usally fast asleep at 1.45 a m you do realise as you get older you need more beauty sleep.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X