Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Anybody got a seesnake camera breakdown?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a seesnake camera breakdown?

I need a parts breakdown for the camera head color not the seesnake, I need one for the mini and one for the fullsize both Not leveling. I have two broken ones and need to know about the pins inside and about seals.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Anybody got a seesnake camera breakdown?

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/C7AEE97...eeSnake_PL.pdf

don't know if this will go deep enough for what you want. I've never got into the camera heads themselves, just swap them out for rebuilt when they break.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I might take some pics to show whats inside I would never dare take them apart but i bought 2 more seesnakes of ebay with dead cameras and the guy already took them apart so now I know what is inside them. Problem on one is it looks good it looks like it just needs 3 pins.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

rob the pins out of the other and try it?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

can't because one is a mini and one is a fullsize and the cameras are totally different inside, I will take some pics tomorrow to show you ace. The fullsize camera is way bad! It turns the monitor screen black like a major short, not trying to fix that one lol. I have 6 seesnakes now I have kinda went off the deep end on them because I had 2 cameras go bad at the same time and we had 8 jobs lined up that could have led to the repair work, I will never be without a seesnake again. But I think I can slow down a little now.
          Last edited by Cuda; 04-07-2010, 02:20 AM.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

It's amazing how simple the camera heads are really. Not much to them.
            Take apart a cheap web cam and you'll find the innards to be much alike.

I understand a fair amount of machining goes into the stainless steel "case", but what I don't understand is the price.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              can't because one is a mini and one is a fullsize and the cameras are totally different inside, I will take some pics tomorrow to show you ace. The fullsize camera is way bad! It turns the monitor screen black like a major short, not trying to fix that one lol. I have 6 seesnakes now I have kinda went off the deep end on them because I had 2 cameras go bad at the same time and we had 8 jobs lined up that could have led to the repair work, I will never be without a seesnake again. But I think I can slow down a little now.
              do a search for an electronics trade school. The instructor will give it to a capable senior student. these kids are hungry to prove themselves,and some cash is a big motivator! Good all around! They May fix both! I had good luck!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Cuda:

This should help.

Don't let the trade school kids work on them. When you get to the part showing the 15 +/- special tools you need to take them apart, and that you need a cylinder of nitrogen, you'll know why...
                Last edited by Vance G; 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I did not know about the nitrogen part, bummer. Oh well cores it is.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    I did not know about the nitrogen part, bummer. Oh well cores it is.
                    Cuda:

There was supposed to be a 3.06M .PDF attached to my message. I see it didn't get through. The Attachment Manager says I should be able to upload a .PDF up to 8.58M big, but it must be lying.

I tried it again a couple times - "Upload failed" is all the feedback I am getting.

I would like to get it on the forum for all to benefit from, but for now PM me and I'll send it to you.

Maybe Josh can fix the board so I can post it here.

Comment

Thanks was just what I needed, wow the guy I got them from wasted them, twisted and broke everything and orings what orings lol.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Yeah, as you can see from the exploded diagrams, waterproofing is taken VERY seriously. Did he use pipe wrenches to take them apart? I can picture what the casing must look like...

Comment

Vance G,

Could you send me the same breakdown that you sent to CUDA....please sir.

Thnx

Comment

Working...
                          X