X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NaviTrack or Seek Tech difference...

Can't decide between the NaviTrack or Seek Tech. Could someone explain the difference between the two ?
    The Co. I work for currently has the Navi Track II. Its a great tool I've just never used the Seek Tech.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: NaviTrack or Seek Tech difference...

NaviTrack and SeekTech are very similar in form, function, and operation, and for sonde locating they are virtually indistinguishable.

Where they differ is line locating, where SeekTech has additional features and capabilities. One of the biggest additions is two extra antennas that give you additional comparative readings when tracing a utility line. These extra readings give you another point of reference you can use to evaluate the reliability of the signal that you're tracing (i.e. good vs. distorted) and another data point that can help you work through difficult locates.

Hope this helps!

Guy

Comment

I was going to ask same question as I am looking at buying a seektech.
      So when they say it can trace a utility for example is that power,gas,telecom do you have to hook on some form of transmitter or is the seek tech able to detect as a stand alone unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
        I was going to ask same question as I am looking at buying a seektech.
        So when they say it can trace a utility for example is that power,gas,telecom do you have to hook on some form of transmitter or is the seek tech able to detect as a stand alone unit?
        Power you can get from just a SeekTech receiver with a "passive" detection.

Gas you would have to hook a transmitter to the line (must be metallic) or a tracer wire that is hopefully buried with it.

I believe you would also have to place a signal on telecom with a transmitter. Transmitter & inductive clamp. NOTHING will detect unshielded fibre optic though.

Basically if you want to do some utility locating you pretty much need a receiver, transmitter, and inductive clamp that fits the range of what you will be locating.

Here's a good place to check and learn from. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Utility-Locating/index.htm

J.C.

Comment

Working...
        X