X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toys.... I mean tools!

Hi folks, havent posted too much but have been lurking around for awhile now... Great forum here thats for sure. Well, today I got my Ridgid micro explorer, 100' micro reel and scout locator.... toyed around with it a little this afternoon and love it so far.... My first question that I havent been able answer out of the manuals is how do I get the screen on the explorer to just show the pic from the cam and not all the text? What am I missing here? It says something lik ABC Plumbing 1 800 555 1212 Thanks in advance for any insight..... Paul

Re: New toys.... I mean tools!

Push the Text button on the Microreel count plus unit, I think it is the (T) button.

Comment

Finally figured it out last night... Thanks! Lots ofbuttons to remember what they do on this thing! Hopefully Ill get a chance today to spend some more time with it. Thanks again, Paul

Comment

Ok.... Next question. I can get the self leveling 'up is up' to work with the short 3' cable that came with the explorer but havent figured it out with the 100' reel.... Any ideas? Thanks, Paul

Comment

Up is Up does not work with the Microreel by design...
          Last edited by OkieBill; 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Bummer..... Oh well, its still one of the coolest tools on the truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Williams Ex Co View Post
              Bummer..... Oh well, its still one of the coolest tools on the truck!

I agree The microreel is my first camera and between it and the Scout does almost all of my residential locate and inspection work...

Comment

ok... So a few months have passed since I bought this and I love it more every day! So now my next question pertains to locating buried wire and pipe.... Would have been really easy 2 times this week to hook up to exposed wire or exposed galv pipe and know right where to dig. Yesterday I had a call to repair a water leak from a cattle farmer, exposed galv sticking out of ground where the leak was boiling up. Farmer wanted to bypass the entire area and disconnect elsewhere but his dad recently passed away and now there is no one to ask where the pipe was originally buried..... Sound like a good place for a 'Brick' transmitter? Today I had to dig in an area where I knew there was a bureed wire to the well. Wire could be easily exposed at the LB junction on the house, Would the 'Brick' be the ticket here too? Let me know what you think.... Thanks, Paul

Comment

You will always get a better trace when you connect a line transmitter directly to the target utility. Sounds like the "brick" would have made your life quite a bit easier this week.

FYI, you can find some line tracing tutorials here: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Utility-...g/EN/index.htm

Guy

Comment

irguy is right the brick would make your life easier in locating

Comment

Working...
                    X