X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid KD-4550 Locator

Who knows what a error code on a KD 4550 locator breaks down to?
    When we shift from locate to depth we get error, and the # 55.

We have the unit set right on the proper frequency and mode, and put new batteries in it. This is a new problem on a old gal that has served us well for years.

Any information would be helpful, Thanks
    Jeff Pate
    County Plumbing LLC
    Master Plumber/Drainlayer
    St Louis Area Residential and Commercial

We do it right the first time!

Re: Ridgid KD-4550 Locator

My guess is you will have to wait until Monday and ask tech support by phone.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Had one for almost 10 years before it was stolen a few months ago. Never saw that error message

Didn't see anything in the manual about error codes.

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/KD-4550manual.pdf

Comment

Error code #55 on the KD 4550 indicates that there is a problem with the circuit board and/or the keypad. If you send it to the RIDGID repair center, they will determine if it can be fixed and quote the repair for you.

Before you invest a significant amount in repairing the KD 4550, you may want to consider getting a demo on some of the new RIDGID locating equipment. The technology has come a long way since the KD 4550 and I think you will be impressed with the new features such as the visual display and Omni-Directional antenna technology which makes for easier and more accurate locates.

Comment

if you're interested i have a good working 4550 and a new 4510 that i can part with.

but as mentioned. the newer units are much easier to work and locate with.

a great camera locator is the scout and it does 99% of my locates.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have one and use it daily. I get 55 all the time, there is nothing wrong with it; just the signal is too weak to calculate a depth; either you are not over the sonde or it is too deep. Depth function for me, with the sonde on the mini reel, is good to about 10', maybe 12'-15' but not as accurate, less in cast iron. In plastic to 8' or so it's within inches.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X