X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video outs on old monitors?

Just want to confirm what I think I remember from the old units and what I believe I found on a search here on the forum.

The older CRT monitors that were monitor only (no VCR) have RCA video outputs, right?

Re: Video outs on old monitors?

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    Just want to confirm what I think I remember from the old units and what I believe I found on a search here on the forum.

The older CRT monitors that were monitor only (no VCR) have RCA video outputs, right?
    The older CRT type monitors used a BNC connector, you have to get a BNC to RCA adapter from radio shack for a few bucks. Or make your own patch cable BNC on one end and RCA on the other.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      The older CRT type monitors used a BNC connector, you have to get a BNC to RCA adapter from radio shack for a few bucks. Or make your own patch cable BNC on one end and RCA on the other.

Easy enough. Thanks Ron

I'm waiting for the sump pump calls to start coming in...that was a big storm last night!

Comment

This is the monitor in question. No manual and the model # is worn off. Couldn't find it in the literature section on the Ridgid site.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ron is right of course. That's the the same monitor we used for years. BNC to RCA adapter from Radio Shack

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            Easy enough. Thanks Ron

I'm waiting for the sump pump calls to start coming in...that was a big storm last night!
            Only one pump job up in Arlington Heights. Once enough people install the hardware store brand pumps trying to save a buck and the next big rain, our phones will ring off the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              Only one pump job up in Arlington Heights. Once enough people install the hardware store brand pumps trying to save a buck and the next big rain, our phones will ring off the wall.
              amen

Comment

Dear:

They have input and output but no composite video, our company based in Argentina, still a white and black, if you happen to see what was documented in the place you have to disconnect the output to the recorder and leave only the connection input.
                have this difficulty
                Cloacas Argentinas

Comment

Originally posted by Cloacas Argentinas View Post
                  Dear:

They have input and output but no composite video, our company based in Argentina, still a white and black, if you happen to see what was documented in the place you have to disconnect the output to the recorder and leave only the connection input.
                  have this difficulty
                  Thanks for the reply. And greetings to you down in Argentina. That's a country that I've always wanted to, and hope to, visit some day!

If I follow correctly, you're saying that I have to leave the input on the monitor open and only use the output?

Thanks again,

Chris

Comment

I think I remember reading somewhere that you should only have one or the other connected. Never both input and output

Comment

Hi Cris

As you will see the connections are coaxial. No composite video RGA. The difficulty with this monitor is that it never should be connected to the input and output cables, but each connection time (as he wrote mr plumberscrack) if I'm recording off the entry and if I see the output disconnect, you have this difficulty.
                      From since the image quality is the same as other CRT monitors: excellent
                      I hope ue can come to Argentina, is a beautiful country and will be welcome if it can travel
                      Greetings and good luck with your Monitor
                      Raul
                      Cloacas Argentinas

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        I think I remember reading somewhere that you should only have one or the other connected. Never both input and output
                        That is correct, if you are recording you have the vid out plugged in, if you are going to do playback onto the crt, you need to unplug the camera and the vid out and run it into the vid in.

Comment

Working...
                        X