X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake colour mini pack problem....

Hi guys I posted some time ago about my mini pack monitor having a problem when starting up. At that time when it first came on the black square in the middle which has the countplus heading in white on it would come on and not go away. This only happened on that occaision and after turning it on and off and removing the battery etc it fixed itself and I could use it as normal.

Since then and this is months after that occaision it has done it at least 3 times on different jobs in the past few days. The only thing I have been able to do is turn it on and off and after several attempts it starts up correctly and I can continue using it.

Has anyone had this problem before or have an idea what could be wrong?

I keep it stored in a box with the original foam packing arround it for protection when Im not using it in a dry place, ie a locked tool box.

I also keep the 240vac power pack and the battery stored inside the unit behind the flip down screen protector where there is the space at the bottom. I don't know if that may have caused a problem???

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers Phil.

Re: Seesnake colour mini pack problem....

Phil, this almost sounds more like a problem with the countplus on your reel. Next time that screen comes up try hitting the button on the countplus that has the grey T on it. That should turn that slide overlay off. If that fixes the problem then that is almost certianly something up with the countplus. Maybe a button is fritzing out.

I doubt this is an issue with the minipak monitor though.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Phil, this almost sounds more like a problem with the countplus on your reel. Next time that screen comes up try hitting the button on the countplus that has the grey T on it. That should turn that slide overlay off. If that fixes the problem then that is almost certianly something up with the countplus. Maybe a button is fritzing out.

Josh
      Thanks Josh I will let you know after I next use it.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Josh
        Hi Josh,
        I used the seesnake twice today once on batery and once on 240volts AC and the same happened again with the black rectangle in the middle of the screen and it took a few tries of turning it off then on again to get it to go away. Pressing the button on the count plus on the reel made no diference.

Once it goes away it works fine. Im just worried one day it wont fix itself.

Let me know if you have any other ideas or if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Thanks again.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Something sounds a little off. Even if this was displaying CountPlus overlays they shouldn't default to coming up every time.

Please give tech service a call and see what they can do to help you out.

Josh

Comment

Will do. Thanks for your efforts Josh I know it is really hard to try to diagnose problems over the net. I will ring the local rep if it happens again to see what can be done.

Cheers Phil

Comment

Josh

As you are aware I too am in Melbourne Australia. Who do we go to for service of our seesnake should we have a problem or concern. I have been watching my unit and I sometimes get a little interference when I push it through the drain. It is not all of the time but.....???

Thanks for being so available to us. We dont have what you guys in the US have got but we do have some of the great equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                Josh

As you are aware I too am in Melbourne Australia. Who do we go to for service of our seesnake should we have a problem or concern. I have been watching my unit and I sometimes get a little interference when I push it through the drain. It is not all of the time but.....???

Thanks for being so available to us. We dont have what you guys in the US have got but we do have some of the great equipment
                Ring Chris Skrinis Ridgid State Manager for Victoria and Tasmania
                0417 344 672 and he will direct you to their repairer

Tony

Comment

Well it looks like we have finally got to the bottom of the issue with my seesnake.

I spoke to a guy at Ridgid Aust. called Ray and he said my serial no. on the countplus was one on a list that was part of a faulty batch.

He sent out a new one and I fitted it today took about 5 mins and it works like new again!

Used it on a job today as well and no problems at all.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Great new EPC. glad your up and running clean again.

josh

Comment

Working...
                    X