X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake recorder with text editor

Does anybody know of a recording device that lets you attach a keyboard for imposing text on the recording like you can set up with the CountIR and CountPlus.

I recently came over this device (see attachment) that has been custom made for the Seesnake. It goes between the Seesnake camera and the monitor and has a USB connector to attach the keyboard. it is very expensive to make and I am sure there must be a cheaper solution out there.

Do any of the Archos recorders support keyboard?
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
    www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Re: Seesnake recorder with text editor

What you are looking for was/is called a video titler. You insert it in-line using composite video and use a keyboard to edit your text.

10 years ago, they were a <$100 device you could get at Best Buy. Now, they don't exist any more. Even eBay doesn't have any. Closest I could come is this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc....html#features

About $300 overpriced. The "old" ones that did this INCLUDED a keyboard.

There are a bunch of software-based ones that run on a PC, but that approach needlessly complicates things.

I bought a Sima titler about 2000 or so to use with my camera stuff. Looks like it'll be my last one. Had no idea the entire world has discontinued them. I guess everybody adds text in post-processing when you have the video on your PC. No need to do it in real-time.

Comment

what you really want to do is look into getting the seesnake lt1000.

this allows you to power up your camera and record everything onto your p.c. then you can copy onto a dvd or a usb memory stick or email the photos and report using the included hq software. you can even have it up on the ridgid connect site for your customers to acces via the web.

how in the heck did i learn this much about a product that is just coming out

i want 2

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick:

One of the great things about using the video titler is that is allows you to have a few seconds of "title video" before each video segment.

If you're inspecting many different items all within the same project or building, it really helps to have a description:

Kitchen - grease waste line from floor sinks to main
        Kitchen - main line from cleanout in hall to grease interceptor

etc, etc, etc,

before each item. You put them in as you're doing the job. Much, much easier than doing it later. Also makes it real easy to find individual segments when you're fast forwarding around in the video.

So, Ridgid wants to compete with YouTube, eh? (LT 1000 reference).

Comment

actually the hq software and stills feature will allow you to take photos and captions as you go or after the fact.

you could actually shoot the entire video and go back to it afterwords and pull out still photos and captions. even rotate the screen.

remember that a laptop computer with specialty written software made for this application is much, much more refined that any screen writer can accomplish.

but then again, this is what i've read from the info posted on the forum

i think josh can add a whole lot more than i could

rick
          phoebe it is

Comment

I really need to put one of my walkthrough videos up next week on the LT1000. Ill record the screen as I put together a report.

It really is amazing the amount of functionality you can have with a laptop.

Comment

New here. I haven't bought my sea snake yet and this may be a better option for me. When is it available and what is the estimated cost compared to the monitor.

Comment

You guys are are all over the LT100
                I only got the email from ridgid last night and you guys are talking about it today I look forward to everyones comments.
                As I am looking at upgrading from video possibly straight to the lt100 and a tough book laptop.
                Regards
                Greg
                http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/LT1000-L...ampaign=LT1000

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
                  You guys are are all over the LT100
                  I only got the email from ridgid last night and you guys are talking about it today I look forward to everyones comments.
                  As I am looking at upgrading from video possibly straight to the lt100 and a tough book laptop.
                  Regards
                  Greg
                  http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/LT1000-L...ampaign=LT1000
                  Well Greg when you do upgrade then I will expect the price, a video, and a ten page report on the pros and cons from you as I am looking at the Mirco Drain Reel and trying to talk myself into it and whether it is really worth it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    Well Greg when you do upgrade then I will expect the price, a video, and a ten page report on the pros and cons from you as I am looking at the Mirco Drain Reel and trying to talk myself into it and whether it is really worth it.

Tony
                    Go on Tony, buy the Micro Drain Reel, I bought one and think that it is fantastic.
                    I have used it plenty of times in 4" and down 40mm PVC and in pool pipes.
                    I guess I would use it every day and it is so small and compact to use.
                    I am going to sell my mini seesnake and just keep the bigger reel and the micro.
                    It goes around plastic and earthernware traps well.

Simon

Comment

I hope to go straight from video to the lt I will just need some one to show me how to use it.
                      So one of you aussie victorian plumbers buy one first and show me .
                      Cheers
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                        Go on Tony, buy the Micro Drain Reel, I bought one and think that it is fantastic.
                        I have used it plenty of times in 4" and down 40mm PVC and in pool pipes.
                        I guess I would use it every day and it is so small and compact to use.
                        I am going to sell my mini seesnake and just keep the bigger reel and the micro.
                        It goes around plastic and earthernware traps well.

Simon
                        I have this mental block Simon with the micro drain only being able to go down 10mts (30') and wonder is it worth it as $A2300.00 is something to think about.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                        X