X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery life?

i have a Compact Color that i use with the 14.4V nicads. i had one that came off the charger yesterday that failed immediately. what is the general life expectancy of the Makita brand 14.4V batteries?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: battery life?

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
    i have a Compact Color that i use with the 14.4V nicads. i had one that came off the charger yesterday that failed immediately. what is the general life expectancy of the Makita brand 14.4V batteries?

steve
    IMHO not long enough no matter what brand you talk about.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

these are about 2 years old now. i guess it's time to get replacements

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
        these are about 2 years old now. i guess it's time to get replacements

steve
        That seems about right. The longest I ever got out of any battery was about 3 to 4 years. But I was meticulous about rotating the batteries and ensuring I ran them dead before recharging.

Back in the day (10 years ago or so) I had a charger that would make sure the battery was fully discharged before it recharged it to make sure the battery would not develop a memory. I know they claim batteries today do not develop memories, but I still prefer not to take that chance.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i run these until dead or almost dead. once the counter fades it's time for a charged one.

charged both and did a V check. both showed 16.3-16.6V. checked severla times over the next few hours and they both settled in at about 15.3V. will monitor the life of each. used one today with no issues.

not a memory issue so i suspect an old age thing. time to put them on the ice flow and send them off to the sunset. hey Vince they're headed your way

steve

Comment

Working...
          X