Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Other options

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    Was checking prices online, but I'm going to call a few supply houses tomorrow. We need to get the ball rolling here as we are letting work go for not having one.
    Do not forget to call AJ Coleman. They have great prices on equipment.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Which do you guys like better and why...LT1000 or LT1000M.

Ratz who is AJ Coleman, and do they have a website?

Comment

Which do you guys like better and why...LT1000 or LT1000M.

Ratz who is AJ Coleman, and do they have a website?
        http://www.allanjcoleman.com/ ask to talk to Marvin, we been dealing with Marv for over 50 years now. Many on the forum here can tell you that AJ Coleman knows their stuff, has parts and equipment in stock and in most cases great prices. They ship world wide, so no worries there.

I have the LT1000 as well it bolts to my full size SeeSnake, and its took me a little to get used to it since it does mount right on the handle area. It does give a nice work area above your reel that normally would be unusable space.

The LT1000M is nice since you can easily have the real in one place the your LT1000M with your laptop in a more convent spot to be able to view the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          http://www.allanjcoleman.com/ ask to talk to Marvin, we been dealing with Marv for over 50 years now. Many on the forum here can tell you that AJ Coleman knows their stuff, has parts and equipment in stock and in most cases great prices. They ship world wide, so no worries there.

I have the LT1000 as well it bolts to my full size SeeSnake, and its took me a little to get used to it since it does mount right on the handle area. It does give a nice work area above your reel that normally would be unusable space.

The LT1000M is nice since you can easily have the real in one place the your LT1000M with your laptop in a more convent spot to be able to view the screen.
          Well I'm going to have to forget the LT1000, because I didn't realize you need to use your own laptop for this. I never owned a laptop and we just spent a ton for 2 new Imacs so that is out..unless I can hook my 24" Imac up to it!

So since that is out..what do you think now of a self leveling camera for my situation, and just get a regular monitor?

I'll check this Coleman guy out..thank you!

Comment

the lt1000m is great when you have multiple cameras and still want to use it for them all. while the lt1000 was the original design that bolted to the frame of the full size seesnake, and the mini seesnake, the lt1000m allows you to have a free standing unit for everything.

the lt1000m gives you alot more possibilities.

i like the lt1000m, for the freedom, but like the lt1000 on the stand for the quick grab all assembled unit.

i would buy the lt1000m since you can use it for everything.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I'll throw my two cents worth into this -

I have had two cameras (a 200' Mini and a 325' Std, both B/W) since 1998. I have done 2500+ video inspections with them. I've kinked a Mini pushrod once (fixed with heat shrink of the type used on underground splices and is now a backup rod), have had two reterms on Mini pushrods due to flaky connections at the wet end, three dead Mini cameras (exchanged for rebuilt), one dead Std. (replaced under warranty). FlexMitters die on the Mini about every two years. I buy rebuilts from Central Oklahoma Winnelson. I have a spare Mini rod which I switch over to when another is in for reterm and always have a spare Mini camera and FlexMitter on hand.

While all those repairs seem like a lot, remember it's occurred over 12 years of very heavy use. When the repair expense is compared to the $$$ I have made using the cameras over that same time period, it's negligible.

The self leveling feature is just another layer of complexity that can break. You will already be doing enuf stuff that could break the camera - why add another?

One of the reasons RIDGID cameras are so good is that they are actually made by these guys:

http://www.deepsea.com/cameras2.html

DeepSea was making underwater cameras for a long, long time before anybody tried to put one in a sewer. Chances are very good that the pictures we all saw of the Gulf oil well mess were provided by a ROV with a DeepSea camera mounted on it. They know their stuff.

They were also heavily involved in the development of the "dry end" electronics (power supply, etc.) of older RIDGID cameras. Not sure how much they have to do with the current RIDGID DVR/keyboard/display hardware.
              Last edited by Vance G; 07-29-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

What do you guys do if you have trouble getting around a fitting?
                Your new SeeSnake will include a training video. Part II, SeeSnake Tips & Tricks, covers getting into tricky access points and pushing through difficult fittings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys76a4SSUuE

Comment

Some excellent information for those of us not familiar with sewer camera's. I have to admit that most of our work is Plumbing & Heating, but I want to do more with drain cleaning/ and inspections.

Like I told someone else today, If we are going to shell out that type of money, I want to know that we will have some type of customer support if something should go wrong with this unit.

It's nice to know there are many others here willing to help out other tradesman, and exchange ideas.

Comment

Flux,

Dont take my post the wrong way (Slightly Irritated). I had an unfortanate experiance with a service performed on my system. I am sure you would be very pleased with the seesnake mini, color monitor. Combine it with the transmitter and a locator and you will wonder how you have gone this long without this tool. Yes it is an expensive piece of equipment, but it is sure to make its money back for you in no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Plum4U View Post
                      Flux,

Dont take my post the wrong way (Slightly Irritated). I had an unfortanate experiance with a service performed on my system. I am sure you would be very pleased with the seesnake mini, color monitor. Combine it with the transmitter and a locator and you will wonder how you have gone this long without this tool. Yes it is an expensive piece of equipment, but it is sure to make its money back for you in no time at all.
                      I'm actually glad you posted it, because I can't stand reading reviews that are favorable all the time. When it comes to buying something this expensive, it's the bad stuff that makes my decision..NOT the good things. Because if this camera fails me, I want to see the cost involved with fixing it, and the pain involved in getting it fixed.

I'm sure others here are curious how your situation will play itself out, as this is a big investment for most of us here. If you guys didn't post your bad experiences with this camera..you wouldn't be helping others out with this big decision in buying one.

Comment

I have 7 seesnakes the most money making tools I have ever bought.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
                          Your new SeeSnake will include a training video. Part II, SeeSnake Tips & Tricks, covers getting into tricky access points and pushing through difficult fittings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys76a4SSUuE
                          A great tip they left out of the video is Dishwashing soap, it can save your push cable and spring when really stuck.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm actually glad you posted it, because I can't stand reading reviews that are favorable all the time. When it comes to buying something this expensive, it's the bad stuff that makes my decision..NOT the good things. Because if this camera fails me, I want to see the cost involved with fixing it, and the pain involved in getting it fixed.

I'm sure others here are curious how your situation will play itself out, as this is a big investment for most of us here. If you guys didn't post your bad experiences with this camera..you wouldn't be helping others out with this big decision in buying one.
                            Can you imagine what kind of service if he went with a smaller company selling camera systems? Yes I am spoiled having AJ Coleman in my backyard to service my system or any of my equipment if and when it needs it. So I could see being frustrated with a service company that is hours away, and did not fix the issue the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              my very first camera 15 years ago is a seesnake, pre ridgid blue. still works, but i retired it for a color camera. my next one was the mini seesnake 200'. still have that, but retired it for a color camera. then i tried a few cameras from other companies. those are also retired as they suck.
                              then i bought a few more seesnakes to update my collection. still have a couple new ones that haven't seen a pipe yet.

the reason being is the seesnakes don't break. i can only imagine how many miles and miles i've pushed my cameras. when you own them, you treat them better than employees. so therefore i've never broken a push rod or needed a re-term.

the recorders are actually more delicate than the cameras. the dvdpak is great as it's a sony burner inside. i have 2 new extra burners so that they will pop right in if i ever need to repair/ replace one. but i also have the lt1000 that uses a laptop and eliminates the recorder.

you will be making a big mistake getting anything but a seesnake. that i can guarantee.

save some money and don't get the self leveling. no need for it. plus it only comes in the full size model. plus with the lt1000, you can electronically rotate the image.

rick.
                              Dang Rick, make me a good deal on one of your old throw-backs

Comment

Rick don't ever sell a thing... if he did someone might someday have more stuff than him. When he dies, his grandkids will have to have an auction, or more likely an electrified water pistol shootout (hold the live wire...you can hop, but if you drop it, you're out!) to see who gets what, as they'll be just like him, and want it, and enjoy it more if they won it.

by the by... self leveling is like the broken pop-out cup holder in your truck; it was kinda cool at first, but really just gee whiz, and then it broke, and you bolted a chunk of pvc with a cap on the bottom to the console and that works great, is all you ever needed, and doesn't break.

plus as has been said, the mini is the one you want and it doesn't come in self leveling anyway.

just get one. you are gonna love it enough the old man's complaining will be worth it.
                                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X