Locator Needed for Gas Pipeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locator Needed for Gas Pipeline

I am in the marked for an underground utility locator. It will mainly be used to locate an underground Natural gas pipeline. However, it may also be used from time to time to locate wire runs, underground conduit, and underground hdpe. It will need to have the capability to accurately locate at depths of 15 feet. It needs to be intrinsically safe. I also am going to need the corresponding Transmitter to go with it. Any suggestions?

Re: Locator Needed for Gas Pipeline

Oh boy did you ever come to the right place.

Ridgid's Seektech SR-20 or SR-60 dependeing how many bells and whistles you need.

I have another forum members Ridgid Navitrack system with his transmitter.Awesome combination.
    I've been told by the same person the SR line is even more effective.

Comment

As already mentioned, the RIDGID SR20 or SR60 are the tools that you need. They have been specifically designed for utility locating as you have described and feature any easy to use graphical display and some of the industries most advanced antenna technology.

You can learn more at: http://ridgid.com/Tools/Utility-Locating/index.htm

If you are interested in a hands-on product demo enter your information here and someone from the RIDGID sales team will be in contact with you.

Comment

I use coat hangers bent into an L. They work great on large underground pipelines. But I think your looking for something a little more Hi Tech.
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Do a search on Ebay for Dynatel. You can pick up a used Dynatel 573 for under 150 bucks. Not as hitech as the ridgid stuff, but will locate electrical, telephone, CATV and gas as long as it has a tracer wire.

Comment

Working...
          X