X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citys that have a camara

Does your local DPW a have a camara. There is now two local DPWs that have a push camara. We work for both but no more video work.

Re: citys that have a camara

Both of the local towns close to me hire me for their camera work.

Comment

The city I live in has had a camera for 18 years now. They will televise a home owners sewer at no charge. They also want to witness the power rodding, also require a 4x6 expanding cutter ran through if there is no 6" clean out.

They also will reline home owners sewers at no charge they install the 6" clean out 15' in front of the home power rod the line and then line it. The year they started the relining was the year I was going to buy a relining system, but did not since I can not compete with the city.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        The city I live in has had a camera for 18 years now. They will televise a home owners sewer at no charge. They also want to witness the power rodding, also require a 4x6 expanding cutter ran through if there is no 6" clean out.

They also will reline home owners sewers at no charge they install the 6" clean out 15' in front of the home power rod the line and then line it. The year they started the relining was the year I was going to buy a relining system, but did not since I can not compete with the city.
        when will they start re-roofing homes for free ? What's the difference?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          No difference. I admit they are stealing away work from honest contractors in the area. I am not very happy about it what so ever. I do not mind if they take responsibility of the home owners sewer from the sidewalk on to the city sewer. Which was the reason they wanted to witness the power rodding. This way they will see when the line opens and know the distance to see if its in the ROW (Right Of Way).

There is another town that wants to witness the rodding for the same reason, but they tell the homeowner if they call *** Plumbing company they do not need to be present to witness the rodding. We have not had a main line rodding in that town since they started that policy. The owners find it an inconsonance to try to schedule a drain cleaner, and the village idiot out to witness the rodding at the same time. So they call the company the village recommends.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

If you're having a big, big problem with water infiltration ovewhelming your treatment facility, and a bunch of it is coming from broken customer laterals, it's in your best interest as a municipality to fix it on your own nickel.

Relining laterals = cheap
            Expanding treatment to handle another 1Mgd = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I seem to remember reading somewhere that sanitary districts, etc. are really under the gun (from the EPA) to address sewage release incidents, which occur more frequently if your treatment plant is always at or very near capacity. You get fined for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance G View Post
              If you're having a big, big problem with water infiltration ovewhelming your treatment facility, and a bunch of it is coming from broken customer laterals, it's in your best interest as a municipality to fix it on your own nickel.

Relining laterals = cheap
              Expanding treatment to handle another 1Mgd = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I seem to remember reading somewhere that sanitary districts, etc. are really under the gun (from the EPA) to address sewage release incidents, which occur more frequently if your treatment plant is always at or very near capacity. You get fined for them.
              we find that to be more of a problem when people are pipeing sump pumps into sanitary
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
              X