X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Navitrack II On Target

If a user didn't read the instructions or watch the video they might interpret the deep beep sound to mean that they were over the sonde when they were merely over the equator.

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
      If a user didn't read the instructions or watch the video they might interpret the deep beep sound to mean that they were over the sonde when they were merely over the equator.

Guy
      Thanks Guy.
      And your correct.
      Like I said before I could see how some would complain about missing the mark on an important dig.

P.S.
      Utah refers to the deep beep as the same sound a slot machine makes when you hit the big money.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Thanks Guy.
        Utah refers to the deep beep as the same sound a slot machine makes when you hit the big money.
        And they say that programmers don't have a good sense of humor!

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
          <Does yours "Deep Beep" when directly on top of the Sonde? >

The original NaviTrack had the deep beeping, but this was removed from newer models.

To speed up your locates, make sure you’re locating both Poles before trying to locate the sonde. In most cases you will find the sonde directly over the Equator and in a direct line between the poles.

As long as you continue checking the signal strength your locates will continue to be accurate. The user video has a nice explanation of the poles and equator, as well as a locating technique that should keep your locates fast and efficient.
          I bought my navitrack 11 used and without the dvd video. I find it confusing many times so wondering if the video would help and if I can acquire one.

Comment

The SR-60 and NaiTrack II have nearly identical sonde locating interfaces and you can find the SR-60 instructional video on the Ridgid website:
            http://www.ridgid.com/SeekTech/SR-60...s%20Manual.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by mpsllc View Post
              I bought my navitrack 11 used and without the dvd video. I find it confusing many times so wondering if the video would help and if I can acquire one.
              Send me a PM if you have any thing you are curious about with your Navitrack and maybe I can clear it up a little quicker.

Comment

Working...
              X