X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navitrack II On Target

So I have purchased a Navatrack II(newest generation from what I can tell,the frequency button is different).Need to get Utah's back to him.
    Anyway this new one is different from Mark's in the sense that it does not sound at all(deep tone beeps VS. higher pitch when over the poles) when it is over the target sonde.

Is there a setup mode I can go into to get this option up.
    Or has the software been modified to where they just deleted it and now I need to watch the screen for increased signal strength.

Wonder if people were becoming complacent with the on target tone being accurate enough and having not so precise locates.It was dead on for me.

Re: Navitrack II On Target

I keep the tone off on the SR-20. I watch all of the information on the screen.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I keep the tone off on the SR-20. I watch all of the information on the screen.

J.C.
      So you have the on target sonde indicator tone on your sr-20?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        So you have the on target sonde indicator tone on your sr-20?
        I don't know. Honestly have always kept the sound off because I found it distracting.

I watch all of the signals and the polarity lines. (Hope that's the right term)

J.C.

Comment

i always keep my volume/ tone up so that i can home onto the camera. once i get my peaks, then i focus in on the screen for my peak and nulls.

of course this is on my scout my sr-20 has not been out of the box

only time i turn off the volume is indoors at an occupied work environment. or i was looking for treasure and didn't want the bystanders to find it before me

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

...it does not sound at all... Is there a setup mode I can go into to get this option up.
            Yes, simply turn the volume on/up. The SR60 has the same control interface and the instructional video shows how to do this at about the 5:30 mark.

Guy
            Last edited by Josh; 12-21-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
              Yes, simply turn the volume on/up. The SR60 has the same control interface and the instructional video shows how to do this at about the 5:30 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/user/seektech#p/f/0/NI2aSQGPyaI

Guy
              Thanks.
              Utah gave me a great demo a couple years ago and I've been using that feature ever since.

The tone I was refering to was simply an deep beepingtone when directly over the sonde.Compared to a higher pitched one over the poles.

Comment

guy is the voice behind the majority of the electronic voice overs and training videos.

when the locator boots up and says "ridgid" that's guy

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  guy is the voice behind the majority of the electronic voice overs and training videos.

when the locator boots up and says "ridgid" that's guy

rick.
                  Back to bed,your sleep posting again.
                  Is your scout the same generation as Mark's Navitrack?

Does yours "Deep Beep" when directly on top of the Sonde?

This new one is taking me longer to hit the spot fiddling around with flipping numbers.
                  Once again I can see other people complaining about the sonde target idicator tone not being accurate IF on some critical digs they did not check signal strength VS. tone so maybe Ridgid yanked it off the new generation.

I just want to know if this new generation has it or not so I can just accept it or not and move on.

Comment

<Does yours "Deep Beep" when directly on top of the Sonde? >

The original NaviTrack had the deep beeping, but this was removed from newer models.

To speed up your locates, make sure you’re locating both Poles before trying to locate the sonde. In most cases you will find the sonde directly over the Equator and in a direct line between the poles.

As long as you continue checking the signal strength your locates will continue to be accurate. The user video has a nice explanation of the poles and equator, as well as a locating technique that should keep your locates fast and efficient.
                    Last edited by irguy; 10-07-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

<Does yours "Deep Beep" when directly on top of the Sonde? >

The original NaviTrack had the deep beeping, but this was removed from newer models.

To speed up your locates, make sure you’re locating both Poles before trying to locate the sonde. In most cases you will find the sonde directly over the Equator and in a direct line between the poles.

As long as you continue checking the signal strength your locates will continue to be accurate. The user video has a nice explanation of the poles and equator, as well as a locating technique that should keep your locates fast and efficient.
                      Thanks for the response and the private message.Glad to have you guys watching out for us.

I'm finding myself forced to be more accurate with watching the signal strenth.Spent alot of yesterday on top of a sonde mapping out a hotel grease system that had been butchered by many in house improvements.
                      Locates perfect.

Plumbers hate change don't you know? even if it is for the better.
                      Thanks
                      ADAM

Comment

Always here to help!

It bothers me that you're having to spend so much time maximizing the signal strength. Unless the sonde is significantly tilted (more than the normal slope), then you should find that the signal is strongest directly over the equator.

Just to verify:

-You are definitely locating BOTH Poles first, and then centering the equator?
                        - You are holding the receiver absolutely vertical? This makes a big difference, and you can see it by tilting the receiver forward and backward and watching the equator move.

Guy

Comment

Always here to help!

It bothers me that you're having to spend so much time maximizing the signal strength. Unless the sonde is significantly tilted (more than the normal slope), then you should find that the signal is strongest directly over the equator.

Just to verify:

-You are definitely locating BOTH Poles first, and then centering the equator?
                          - You are holding the receiver absolutely vertical? This makes a big difference, and you can see it by tilting the receiver forward and backward and watching the equator move.

Guy
                          Guy,
                          Our new navitrack has the leveling indicator bubble.This targets in the signal strength for marking much more accurately.

Running late...Back later

Comment

Guy,
                            Our new navitrack has the leveling indicator bubble.This targets in the signal strength for marking much more accurately.
                            You are definitely locating BOTH poles before centering the equator? If you want to use the receiver's mapping capabilities it is really important that you do this!

Keeping the receiver vertical is important when using the graphical elements (Poles & Equator), but is much less important when using signal strength. If you rotate the receiver or even lay it on its side the point of maximum signal should shift so little that it would not materially affect your dig-up.

Guy

Comment

You are definitely locating BOTH poles before centering the equator? If you want to use the receiver's mapping capabilities it is really important that you do this!

Keeping the receiver vertical is important when using the graphical elements (Poles & Equator), but is much less important when using signal strength. If you rotate the receiver or even lay it on its side the point of maximum signal should shift so little that it would not materially affect your dig-up.

Guy
                              Yes I always locate both poles.Makes it easier to get on to peak signal.

Why did they take the tone out of the software?

Comment

Working...
                              X