ridgid and plumber rick building reputations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid and plumber rick building reputations

new homeowner was recommended to me and after picking her brain on the phone for 30 minutes trying to understand the chain of events that she has gone through. they had 2 other drain cleaners there last week and they both claimed they cleared the stoppage. of course a day later the stoppage was back. the second company came back and camered the line and said they had a 50% offset in the 6'' clay line in the street and that was the problem.

go there today and notice that the 4'' abs c/o was bone dry. the ground around it was dry and there was no left over waste or paper from the stoppages of the last few days. already i was skeptical based on the 3'' offset and paperwork from the prior drain guy.

went inside and flushed 2 times and water was backed up in the shower and toilet. i knew it was a reverse stoppage. problem was the c/o was a 4'' abs comby heading downstream about 18'' deep.

of course my k-60 with reverse auger was able to thread the needle and go upstream and clear the root stoppage in the first 4'. then i used my seesanke microdrain to also go upstream through the comby and see the roots firsthand. made a dvd with the dvdpack and then ran my seesnake mini down stream to 62' at the city saddle in the middle of the street.

the first 30' was newer 4'' abs that connected to original clay at the sidewalk. the biggest offset i could find was a 1/4'' on 1 joint. the pipe was spotless and the whole story of the line needing replacement was just a fabricated lie. of course they never left a video for me to see, but they did leave an invoice with their findings and recommendations.

of course i left my dvd and emailed my invoice with the good news.

so not only does ridgid build reputations, so does plumber rick

rick.

closeup of the microdrain that allows me to get into a 4'' comby and turn it upstream.

the trick is using the auger tube as a guide and pushing it to the bottom and spinning it 180 degrees.

of course the k-60 is the tool that gets it done. notice my secret weapon, the reverse auger.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-23-2010, 11:14 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: ridgid and plumber rick building reputations

Well done! The only scary thing is your photos for some reason
    remind me of the colonoscopy I had
    Good news though no roots were found

Cactus Man

Comment

Tell me more about threading the needle with the k60 reverse auger. Do you have to have a bend a few inches back from the end of the sectional to make that reverse turn upstream after getting it lined up just so?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
        Tell me more about threading the needle with the k60 reverse auger. Do you have to have a bend a few inches back from the end of the sectional to make that reverse turn upstream after getting it lined up just so?
        good minds think alike

you got it. put a bend a few inches back and use the bend to hook it backwards. slowly clutch the k-60 so you don't slip out.

because of the sharp bend of the comby, the reverse rotation will want to power feed in and forward will help you unthread it from the fitting.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

That sounds a lot like cleaning from the septic tank inlet and running back to the house . I use a small piece of 2" with a 45 on the end and work it in. Kinda hard when you can't see the inlet and its down 4 feet . Can you really get most of the roots with that auger set up ?

Comment

it depends on the type of roots. the hair like roots require a lot of whipping, while the long rope roots are much easier as they grab on the auger and get torn out.

sort of like trying to grab a crew cut compared to a pony tail.

the bigger the bend in the cable, the more it rubs the pipe and grabs. with a camera, you can home in on the root mass. of course a jetter is a no brainer and is easily navigated with the closet auger tube. especially when running upstream.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick , this should go to the ridgid Engs. How many Rickovations
              have You done over the years? They could use Your ideas Phoebe could use $$ for college.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

RICKOVATIONS 1962 I was a helo Mech Marine Hmm Squadron HMM -771. on the Main trans We had some impossible Bolts to deal with. A marine Mech Fabricated a specialty wrench,Perfect! Word got back to Sikorsky.They came out,were impressed and Manufactured them. Marine Made SGT. Phoebe doesn't need $trips.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Rick , this should go to the ridgid Engs. How many Rickovations
                  have You done over the years? They could use Your ideas Phoebe could use $$ for college.

daddy could use the money for diapers

maybe i need to join the "huggies" forum

i could be the residence plumber that advises the forum not to flush wipes they could pay me in diapers and wipes

thanks tool. when phoebe gets her timing down and can ride for 6 hours, we'll hit the road and drag adam with us

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    [/B]

daddy could use the money for diapers

maybe i need to join the "huggies" forum

i could be the residence plumber that advises the forum not to flush wipes they could pay me in diapers and wipes

thanks tool. when phoebe gets her timing down and can ride for 6 hours, we'll hit the road and drag adam with us

rick.
                    phoebe will love pixar! 4000,000 sq ft of fun.
                    We can't wait

Comment

5/8" cable?
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

nope. this is the k-60 and 7/8'' cable with my now not so super secret weapon. the reverse auger cable.

4'' main with a comby point downstream and i needed to go upstream to clear the roots.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Glad you found a use for your auger. It was getting so lonely and rusty 'cause of your plunger.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                          X