X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will microexplorer serve as monitor for mini-seesnake

wondering if microexporer would serve as monitor for the mini-seesnake? Also, what about capturing image from seesnake with a regular handheld videocamera or still camera? thanks!

Re: will microexplorer serve as monitor for mini-seesnake

It's not the monitor that is the big deal it's the fact that it is a power supply to power the camera and sonde. If trying to save money buy the LT1000 and use a laptop or find a used Ridgid power supply (rare) or just buy a used B/W toolcase monitor or any B/W monitor and plug a color monitor or hand held into the video port to get color if that's what you had.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

micro explorer according to credible sources (though I've never tried) does not have enough power to run the mini; that's why it's not offered. the micro reel (I'm told) is similar to the compact and will work with explorer. I have a micro reel and run it from a cs 1000, and it does alot of what a mini does. I think the micro reel/explorer combo might be the best bang for buck if they work together as I'm told.

I've used 3rd party devices like an archos dvr and an aiptek digital camcorder to capture video from the rca/din plug outputs on a video toolcase sucessfully, but find the cs worth the $ for hassle freeness.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You never gave me your review on the Archos after the first one was bad?
        I found the Explorer is just so simple to use to take stills that I use it now more then the Archos. I still run The Archos to make a digital back up when making a dvd so I have a copy and can just leave when it's burned the dvd. I am switching to the LT1000 and laptop soon as I just got a really really big job to do.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Hey Cuda,

It works. It's pretty cool to have it all in that little form factor, and hand it to the HO and say "Here, press the arrow and watch this." But it's kind of a pain too... the travel adaptor I got likes to come unplugged, and it goes blackscreen/powersave mode while recording which is annoying, and it's a wiring mess. Since I got a cs1000 I just don't use it.

I'd like to see a ridgid monitor/recorder that is basically a waterproof, shockproof Archos with a sonde button.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
          X