X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini 2" tee, ptrap

Trying to decide what camera to get for a one-man operation, residential, 4" and smaller. I'm leaning toward mini, because technically it handles 1 1/2 to 4, and in looking at the comparison chart, I get the sense that it's "better" than the micro (proven, better lights, sapphire lens). My main hesitation is that the owner's manual advises extreme caution with regard to 2" tees-- manual says camera can turn around on itself.

I have to be able to run through 2" cast iron in all its manifestations, although I presume it won't do 2" ptrap, not even plastic.

Perhaps I should get the two micros, but if I do, I need to be able to go out 100' to the main in cast iron.

If the mini can basically handle 2" cast iron (other than ptraps), then that's what I would get ( I think).

Would love any feedback re: 1. how well the mini does in 2" cast iron; 2. how far the micro will actually go in 3 or 4" cast iron; and 3. is the micro as good as the mini, technologically/durability speaking?

Thanks!

Re: mini 2" tee, ptrap

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
    Would love any feedback re: 1. how well the mini does in 2" cast iron; 2. how far the micro will actually go in 3 or 4" cast iron; and 3. is the micro as good as the mini, technologically/durability speaking?

Thanks!
    1: Fine, if it's not too barnacled or has too many turns in a short distance. Won't go through a 2" trap. If somehow you DO manage to get through one, you probably won't get it back.

2: No way to answer this - depends on too many things - turns, type of entry point, going uphill or downhill, can you run water to help you out, you get the picture.

3: Don't know. Mini does everything I need so I don't have one. I see the Micro as a "specialty" camera, not something you would use as often as a Mini.

Comment

Re: mini 2" tee, ptrap

seesnake mini would be my choice for a single camera. but what do i know with 12 cameras

the micro reel is a great design, but limited to 100' and i routinly push past 100'. so i use it on shorter in and out runs.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X