Seesnake Reel Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seesnake Reel Recommendation

could be the dvdpak. mine does the same if i'm not on full brightness. i believe level 6. at #5 and below it is way too dim.

i'll have to verify the # when i grab it again.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Microreel seems brighter and has more detail when I'm using the MiniPak monitor versus the Explorer but that's probably because of the screen size and not the brightness of the camera lights.

I've recorded the same drain using both monitors and can't tell the difference in lighting or depth of view when looking at it on the computer screen.

If you need detail to show up in your recordings you definately want the LT1000

Comment

The reason for the demo was so I could check out the cable stiffness. I wasn't expecting to notice a difference in image.

At the demo we started with the microreel on the dvdpak. The image was adequate but I was paying more attention to the cable stiffness. I was happy with the cable. We left the dvdpak in place, unplugged the microreel, and plugged in the mini. Switching reels is the only thing that changed as far as I could tell. As soon as I put the mini in the pipe I noticed a big difference. So much so that I stopped pushing it in and commented on it.

I was thinking it's the 6 leds on the mini versus the 3 high flux leds of the microreel that are making the difference in image quality. The microreel may be good for limited access, but with less leds it's no mini killer IMO.

I think I should have him come again to make sure.

Comment

did side by side mini vs micro reel comparison on a job today. used cs1000 for monitor. started with micro reel, went to mini mostly as I hoped to raise the cam out of the water to see something and the mini has a bigger ball. 3" abs to 4" cast iron to 4" pvc.

really didn't notice a huge brightness difference. mini might have been a little brighter, but not so as it mattered to me. micro reel was MUCH dimmer with sonde on, which I've noticed it do before. Also more prone to gunking up leds with junk in line and getting darker that way.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks, I'll call for another demo.

Comment

Working...
            X