??? micro reel 100'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? micro reel 100'

I got the micro reel 100' with soand and counter the whole package but my question is do they as ridgid sell an AC adapter to operate if the battery is dead or you just whant to use AC power my guese Josh this question is for you but Rick you probably know as well
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: ??? micro reel 100'

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
    I got the micro reel 100' with soand and counter the whole package but my question is do they as ridgid sell an AC adapter to operate if the battery is dead or you just whant to use AC power my guese Josh this question is for you but Rick you probably know as well
    Assuming you are using it with the microExplorer, no they do not.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the microreel is paired up to a monitor. the monitor will either be ac or battery. except for the microexplorer, they all use either or both power sources.

i like using ac power, but also have my battery plugged in to the dvdpak, cs1000,lt1000, so that i can easily disconnect and have it running on battery. the monitors have a switching circuit that will go from 1 to the other and never skip a beat.

other than the microexplorer, i believe all current monitors will accept the ac and dc battery together.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

mark beat me to it

don't be late for dinner tonight

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Assuming you are using it with the microExplorer, no they do not.

Mark
          http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/microReel/EN/index.htm
          I always thougt it was micro reel but this is the one I got I should have put this up
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

buy a second battery for the microexplorer. they tak a while to charge and use up more power with the sonde energized.

this way you have a fresh battery to finish the job.

they also sell a dc car lighter adapter that attaches to the charger. you can charge the batttery while driving in the truck.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
              http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/microReel/EN/index.htm
              I always thougt it was micro reel but this is the one I got I should have put this up
              That is a microReel which is using a microExplorer as the monitor. It is a great combination.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                That is a microReel which is using a microExplorer as the monitor. It is a great combination.

Mark
                your right thank you mark
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  buy a second battery for the microexplorer. they tak a while to charge and use up more power with the sonde energized.

this way you have a fresh battery to finish the job.

they also sell a dc car lighter adapter that attaches to the charger. you can charge the batttery while driving in the truck.

rick.
                  I have a 750 watt inverter mounted in my van so I dont have to buy dc plugs for every thing I get and Its hard wired to battery with fuse I got a realy nice one so not to have a problem beeing I have battery operatted sawzall drills and just about every thing that was the best $140.00 I spent installed
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

and the 750 watt inverter is strong enogh to run ridgid cam and DVD pac and burn disc and locate I did that at RR when I was camering lines in parking lots with no power close buy
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

http://www.inlad.com/tripplite700wat...partmentId=764
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

i have a 2000 watt inverter that runs the k-60 when need be

the sprinter came with a second battery specifically for dc needs. it has all the switching and charging circuits set up at the factory.

the inverter i installed myself.

i would still buy the second microexplorer battery as they take a while to charge.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          i have a 2000 watt inverter that runs the k-60 when need be

the sprinter came with a second battery specifically for dc needs. it has all the switching and charging circuits set up at the factory.

the inverter i installed myself.

i would still buy the second microexplorer battery as they take a while to charge.

rick.
                          I plan to now that I no I can not use it on AC I only spent $40 on install and that includded the wireing so that kind of was a no brainer to me as the heavy gauge wires are $$$$ and less of a head ache for me
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

How long ago did you buy your microReel?

We have been running a promo with the microReel and microDrain.

http://www.ridgid.com/RIDGIDToolBoxC...Type=microReel

Battery life on the microReel is around 90 minutes with the EXPLORER. dont be decieved by the indicator showing a red bar after 30 minutes. The red bar runs another 30 minutes then switches to a blinking red bar which runs for another 30 minutes.

Total time 90.

But by all means... make sure you register for the free battery as a backup.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              How long ago did you buy your microReel?

We have been running a promo with the microReel and microDrain.

http://www.ridgid.com/RIDGIDToolBoxC...Type=microReel

Battery life on the microReel is around 90 minutes with the EXPLORER. dont be decieved by the indicator showing a red bar after 30 minutes. The red bar runs another 30 minutes then switches to a blinking red bar which runs for another 30 minutes.

Total time 90.

But by all means... make sure you register for the free battery as a backup.

Josh
                              I bought my microReel & explorer back in the begining of 09/2010 so thank you I just reregestered it and I hope to get the free battery that would be great
                              Last edited by post plumber; 11-16-2010, 11:27 AM.
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X