X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rentals

Yeah i'm renting some equipment today from a local ridgid distributor. They have fore warned me that I will not be able to record .Here we go.They said the last co. that rented it said they could not record either. If I have to record my finds for the local municipality if the issue is on their side I am screwed. I don't know why they don't just have it repaired. Anyhow It will be interesting to see which model it is. I am very gun shy about pulling the trigger on one of these.It's a ton of $$$ and they seem to have constant issues..Is there a particular model to stay away from. Any help is appreciated..Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Rentals

most likely it's the older monitor with the dvd recorder. or even an older unit with vcr. strange that they would still rent the unit if they know it's broken.

there should have a video out and you can plug in a vcr if you still have one.

all the new units are proven with a good track record.

have you tried renting from ricky rents they have everything

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Who are you renting from?? Ferguson in Beltsville and Silver Spring rent cameras. Not sure what they have to record with though. If you were closer i would lend you mine for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Who are you renting from?? Ferguson in Beltsville and Silver Spring rent cameras. Not sure what they have to record with though. If you were closer i would lend you mine for a few days.
        Thanks I really appreciate that. I rented an older model with the dvd not the vhs. The camera worked great .Saw the root issue. Snaked the drain .Found it right at the tap .Still could not get it cleared 100% .Probably could with a jetter but don't have that either.Low budget operation .The ridgid rep helped us with setting up the scout to locate. No problem.Just haven't used one in a while and seems like everyone I use is different.The root issue is out in the street at the tap. So someone might be digging up the street one day for a repair on their tap..Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          most likely it's the older monitor with the dvd recorder. or even an older unit with vcr. strange that they would still rent the unit if they know it's broken.

there should have a video out and you can plug in a vcr if you still have one.

all the new units are proven with a good track record.

have you tried renting from ricky rents they have everything

rick.
          Ricky rents ..No problems other than could not record. It's tough when you are using equipment you are not use to. But everything went great. Cant wait till I can afford a camera set up.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Thanks I really appreciate that. I rented an older model with the dvd not the vhs. The camera worked great .Saw the root issue. Snaked the drain .Found it right at the tap .Still could not get it cleared 100% .Probably could with a jetter but don't have that either.Low budget operation .The ridgid rep helped us with setting up the scout to locate. No problem.Just haven't used one in a while and seems like everyone I use is different.The root issue is out in the street at the tap. So someone might be digging up the street one day for a repair on their tap..Tomorrow is another day.
            Have a talk with Dan and get a case of Root-X After you cut out the Roots (or as much as you can get) go ahead and do a root treatment to get what you cant reach... I know a few of us here on the boards buy from Dan, Root-x is good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Have a talk with Dan and get a case of Root-X After you cut out the Roots (or as much as you can get) go ahead and do a root treatment to get what you cant reach... I know a few of us here on the boards buy from Dan, Root-x is good stuff.
              If we have are own LLC could he sell directly to us as that would be great
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
              X