Microreel L100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microreel L100

Snaked a 2" commercial kitchen line from a clean out, cleared it on my second pass. Thought I would stick my camera down there just to see what it looked like. It was my 3rd time using my new L100. I got down 12' 4" (according to the counter) and I saw the problem. I snapped a couple of pics and the owner of the restaurant asked me if I could get a video of it to show the owner of the building. I said no problem. So I pulled the camera out, switched to video mode on the micro explorer, and began to camera the line again.

About 5' in the camera image went blank and a message came on the screen that said "out of memory, contact tech support". I was like WTF, I have a 1 gig card in there thats more than enough, I don't even have anything on there yet. So I powered it off and then on again, no image. Pulled the camera out and noticed I have 2 kinks in the cable !!

I have know idea how this could have happened I am so gentle with my camera since I paid so much $$ for it and its the only one I have. Not to mention I have only used it twice before ! The drain I was going down only had 2, 2" 90's in it...

Super bummed, hopefully Rigid can fix it up and wont charge me a huge amount to repair it...
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Microreel L100

Ray, Could you send me your phone number through a private message. Would like to find out what happened in the application. You could also send me an email by clicking on my sign on name at the top of this post and choose send email.

Thanks,

Josh
    Last edited by Josh; 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Josh I sent you a pm. I did send it on my Droid so I don't know if you got it. Anyway, my phone # is also on my web site:

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Thanks!
      Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
        Josh I sent you a pm. I did send it on my Droid so I don't know if you got it. Anyway, my phone # is also on my web site:

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Thanks!
        You have a chance to confirm your pm yet.I don't know if Josh has time to call everyone with an issue.I know he'd like to....

Comment

Got your first PM. Asked in a reply what time is best to call you EST since you are in HI. (Poor guy ) Let me know. I have meetings pretty much all day today but Ill give you a call as soon as I get a chance.

Josh

Comment

josh, i think this involves a jobsite visit

fly into lax and we'll go together

now that's customer service

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Got my micro reel back from Seek Tech, they did a great job repairing the cable. Cost 250 and they upgraded the unit with bearings free. Great customer service from them and Ridgid.

Thanks Josh for helping me get that sorted out!
              Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Just curious what is it that you found in the line that was causing the problem?
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                Ron's Facebook
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

It was plastic straws. I pulled out as many as I could. This restaurant did not use plastic straws which is why she wanted some pics.
                  Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X