X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter question

Is there anyway to make the count number what you want it to be? Example today I was using my 325' fullsize plus with the old style count plus counter and my lt1000m and laptop. I saw the battery going low and plugged in ac power and it reset the counter to zero when I was out 145 feet, so i wanted to set it to 145 so I would have an accurate screen shot on my recording. If you ever pushed a seesnake out 145' in 6" old concrete with 100 more feet to go then you know why I didn't want to start all over
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Counter question

no there's not

could you record the line on the way back and reset the counter to 0 at the end. of course there is always the voice over and the the lt scren writer to edit the numbers with on the hq software.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick, funny story about voice recording. Local bloke, not real savvy with our high-tech equipment hired one of my old contractors to do a camera survey. Recording voice over and it gets to the problem. Bit of discussion starts and guess what, Plumber says to operator something like "how much are you charging me and how much do you think I can slug the Client". Plumber handed over survey disc without reviewing first. I am told it was a wonderful learning experience.

As for the counter I have thought I was recording on the new dvd recorder only to find that the record button was not on. It happens..........!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
        Hey Rick, funny story about voice recording. Local bloke, not real savvy with our high-tech equipment hired one of my old contractors to do a camera survey. Recording voice over and it gets to the problem. Bit of discussion starts and guess what, Plumber says to operator something like "how much are you charging me and how much do you think I can slug the Client". Plumber handed over survey disc without reviewing first. I am told it was a wonderful learning experience.

As for the counter I have thought I was recording on the new dvd recorder only to find that the record button was not on. It happens..........!!!!!!!!!!!
        I had similar experience. A lady calls me out to give her an estimate to repair her sewer, she said she had it televised and has the tape. So I go over to her home and watch the video. about two minutes into it I could hear faintly someone talking. So we turn up the volume on her TV. Turned out the guy she hired to rod her sewer and TV the line did not realize his equipment recorded audio as well. We heard him say to his partner " I am going to get this ladies every penny she owns" (I cleaned it up for the forums) And after that we finished viewing the tape. There was nothing at all wrong with her sewer. I dunno what happened to that contractor after that, but I know my business picked up in that town.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Unfortunately you cant manually change the counter midway down the line. How often does this happen that you would need to change the count manually? If its something really important we could probably integrate it into a future release.

In the instance of your batteries dying there isnt much that can be done. If you were however trying to reset a "local zero" like the start of branch line you can actually do that with the countplus. When the number has brackets around it it represents the local zero. You are still storing your original counter as you push out but you also have a secondary count running from wherever you did the local zero.

Confused yet ;-)

Everyone let me know if there is a need to add the ability to change count or if it would be a negative for making sure documentation was accurate.

Josh

Comment

I really would like the ability to set the counter. because this has happened before. Once you come back to the zero point the count plus lets you go 15 or so feet with a - next to the number then it freaks out and says error.
            Last edited by Cuda; 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Is there anyway to make the count number what you want it to be?
              No...

Short Story:
              If you power up your system with half of the cable out of the drum, your distance count will not be accurate.

Long Story:
              If you replace the stock 16" wheels on your truck with 35" mud tires, you'd need to recalibrate your speedometer for it to be accurate. That's because the speedometer is measuring the rotation of your drive shaft and estimating speed and distance based on the diameter of the tires.

The SeeSnake counter works on a similar principal. The biggest difference is that the diameter of the loops of cable spooled inside the drum changes as you feed cable in/out of the drum: The diameter of each loop gradually increases as cable is payed out and decreases as cable is fed back in.

To deliver an accurate measurement the counter needs to keep a running tab on the radius of the push cable remaining inside the drum. To do that it needs to know the total length of installed cable AND it needs a known starting point - i.e. "All the cable is inside the drum".
              Last edited by irguy; 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

yes it would be nice to be able to do Josh. I needed it the other day when the power flickered...errrrrrrrrrrr
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                X