Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wanna see a very unhappy guy using a seesnake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wanna see a very unhappy guy using a seesnake?

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    I was just stuck again lol but not bad, the line was holding water 3/4 full or so but I was warned there was a buried B/W valve and the job was to find it.... well I did but the main thing is sometimes you can't see in the water I am not Jacques Cousteau lol. And you can't go slow in long cast iron lines the friction will kill ya even with water running. Remember I am doing 5-8 camera inspections a day.
    PM me a loan application please.

Congrats.

J.C.

Comment

You could still do 5 to 8 a day while decreasing your risk of getting stuck by inspecting going in.

I will inspect going in then stop recording and pull out fast to pick up. When cast iron is a problem I'll pull back and push forward fast for that section if I feel it's safe.

I think of all the broken pipes I've found where if I were just humming it in I could have gone straight under the slab potentially getting stuck. This was avoided by inspecting going in. In the parish next to mine they require backwater valves so it's a safe assumption that everyone there has one.

I will still inspect trapped lines so the danger is always there.

Of course neither method is fool proof and I'm sure my day is coming again.

Good luck to all of us.

Comment

I should mention I am not just doing side sewer inspections but also rain leader,floor drains etc. any drain that connects into the side sewer gets checked if possible and I am on an appointment schedule that I must keep so I am rocking as fast as I can just to get to the next job. I usually go slow to get a feel for a line then when there is too much resistance I will pull back into previous pipe and get a good run at it! Sometimes when you get passed that one or two spots it returns to easy to push sometimes not. But my main inspection is usually done on the way back as you see more when water is not being pushed out with the camera. Off subject I used to know a family from Louisianna and the name was the same as yours Lenny Herbert pronounced A-Bear! They lived here for a long time but returned home in the 80's. Know anybody named guffy?
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          Off subject I used to know a family from Louisianna and the name was the same as yours Lenny Herbert pronounced A-Bear! They lived here for a long time but returned home in the 80's. Know anybody named guffy?

No guffy, but Hebert is a very common name in Louisiana. We're the Smith's of Louisiana. I'm sure we're related though somewhere along the line. They probably got tired of people misspelling they're name and gave up. There is a refrigeration company here named A-BEAR Refrigeration. They must be Hebert's that really gave up.

Funny thing is I've met Her-bert's here who say they get called A-bear all the time.

On subject, for me any chance of quick video inspections have turned into cleaning jobs lately, not that it's a bad thing. I had to remove mortar? from a sewer last week.

Comment

Only a plumber could come up with a trick to get that camera out
            www.Precision-Plumbing.com
            ‎(469)-248-2136 Precision Plumbing providing Service Repair Remodels Installing Quality Products With a Best Rate, Best Warranty Guarantee! Serving the Dallas,Texas DFW MetroPlex for Over 10 Years! Clean job sites, Quality work. Service You Can Trust! M-39887

Comment

Working...
            X