X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT 1000 or CS 1000?

For those of you who use each, why did you pick what you picked? Would you make the same choice again?

If you use a ruggedized laptop, what did you get and do you like it? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a camera this year. My trucks are all paid for now.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: LT 1000 or CS 1000?

So I just read the thread about the LT 1000 disadvantages so that answered some of my questions.

Any more thoughts?

Comment

I just buy cheap laptops I figure by the time I have gone thru 2 of them they will have advanced so I am good, I like the rugged one but the price is crazy.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'm still up against the wall on this exact conundrum.
        CS is too much screen and price for me at this point in the evolution of my service work.I was going to get the dvd pac off of Jerad but had a friend suggest I wait.The LT means I have another item(laptop) to hump up to the house,besides I'm unsure of the screen visability.

I like Ace Sewers take on the gig.Hopefully he'll give a refresher.I thought I heard him say he was possibly going to be making a purchase for another one of his trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          I just buy cheap laptops I figure by the time I have gone thru 2 of them they will have advanced so I am good, I like the rugged one but the price is crazy.
          Have you found a way to beat the sunlight?
          A hood work?

Comment

I'm worried about the rain around here. I don't think I could get away with a cheap laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              I'm still up against the wall on this exact conundrum.
              CS is too much screen and price for me at this point in the evolution of my service work.I was going to get the dvd pac off of Jerad but had a friend suggest I wait.The LT means I have another item(laptop) to hump up to the house,besides I'm unsure of the screen visability.

I like Ace Sewers take on the gig.Hopefully he'll give a refresher.I thought I heard him say he was possibly going to be making a purchase for another one of his trucks.
              I liked it too. I had thought the LT was the cats meow until I read his post. Now I'm thinking the CS is the way to go. Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Have you found a way to beat the sunlight?
                A hood work?
                I bought a laptop monitor shade off Amazon it works ok, truth be told I throw a coat or flannel shirt over my head sometimes.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So far I have 123 inspections with mine, got some mud on it a few times in a trench.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    Just wait 'til they get Graphene sorted out.

J.C.

Comment

the lt comes in less expensive as the laptop is up to you. the lt also has more possibilities due the laptop / cd burner and wireless capabilities. love the email feature that i can make reports and email the report and snapshots of the job right to the customer/ customers.

the cs is pretty awesome as it is self contained and runs off of 1 or 2 batteries or ac or both. it does the reports as well and burns to a memory stick.

i feel there is more potential for the lt as it's a real computer. but that's assuming you want all the bells and whistles on your reports.

but the cs is ready to fly and is plug and play.

they both operate with hq software.

pretty much a tossup. like them both, but for all out performance, i would go with the lt and spend the price difference on a good laptop with a burner and lots of memory and daylight screen.

or spend it on the cs and have all the good stuff already included in the price.

or do like me and try them out for yourself and see what you prefer

it's a win, win system either way.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        the lt comes in less expensive as the laptop is up to you. the lt also has more possibilities due the laptop / cd burner and wireless capabilities. love the email feature that i can make reports and email the report and snapshots of the job right to the customer/ customers.

the cs is pretty awesome as it is self contained and runs off of 1 or 2 batteries or ac or both. it does the reports as well and burns to a memory stick.

i feel there is more potential for the lt as it's a real computer. but that's assuming you want all the bells and whistles on your reports.

but the cs is ready to fly and is plug and play.

they both operate with hq software.

pretty much a tossup. like them both, but for all out performance, i would go with the lt and spend the price difference on a good laptop with a burner and lots of memory and daylight screen.

or spend it on the cs and have all the good stuff already included in the price.

or do like me and try them out for yourself and see what you prefer

it's a win, win system either way.

rick.
                        Wanna come up to sunny Oregon and give me a demo? The sun may come in the liquid form though.

Comment

i would do a 2 for 1, but rookie/ steve has been in town rehabbing his knee. now maybe i can show steve and he can then show you

cuda is a lot closer to you and he has a lt. plus you both do the same line of work

now i might have to hand deliver a set of propress rings to hawaii. seems like the usps can't figure out where the rings are that i sent priority on the 27th

glad they were insured

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Have any of you guys tried PixelQI (http://www.pixelqi.com/) for a screen on a laptop yet? Pretty cool tech. I agree with Rick though. there are advantages and disadvantages to each.

Comment

I think it comes down to how you use them... I've written more elsewhere detailing why, but for me the cs is the shizzle. Which is kind of funny as I didn't like it at first and waited with baited breath for and tried to love the lt. My reasons for cs uberdom may be silly in another's circumstances, especially the one man show in kind weather, but for me the cs is the monitor solution of choice atm. there will always be the next thing around the corner, but this works, well, reliably, and as a stand alone mpeg producer shouldn't get outdated before I'm too old to care.

one thing that has made me lt resistant thus far may not really apply; spending mucho $ on a soon to be obsoleted hard laptop seems crazy to me... but it's a dedicated thing, and they don't really die often, just you are forced to 'upgrade' to the latest and greatest hunk of software engineering junk that won't run on your outdated platform. so, really, that argument kind of dies if you can keep it a seesnake thing only.

And, the box is not going away; you can pay your friendly local 'puter guy to slap a new mb/cpu/hd in there when you need to.

at the end of the day, time marches on, stuff breaks, and $10k gets you thru a little while and you'll need more to keep it running and, inevitably, to replace it.

I still can't do half the stuff I can do with mini with anything else. so, thats my reel, and if a cs looks wrong in a few years, well, what would I have done while I waited? And how much work and rep would I have lost in the meantime?
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X