Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good Deal ??

Hello,

I was hoping someone might have some insight on a inspection camera I'm thinking of buying used.

It's a Ridgid 200' SeeSnake Black and white camera with a B&W rigid tool box (5" or 6") monitor without any recording capabilities.

This will be my 1st camera for my new business and all though it is an old system it seems like a good price to get my foot through the door.

It's $1650.00 for the camera and the monitor and

$1340.00 for the Ridgid Navi Track Locator with a case
    (Navi Track is the same as Navi Track II but doesn't fold up)

Does this seem like a good investment or should I hold off until I can buy newer equipment?

I was thinking I could always upgrade the monitor in the future to the LT1000 laptop interface system.

Any info or opinions on this sale and gear would be much appreciated !

Thanks,

Ballcock

Re: Is this good Deal ??

Depending what shape it's in, yes, that's a good price.

I prefer the mini to the standard, but it all depends what you do with it.

The reel will never be obsolete. Might need a new pushrod one day. pushrod is mostly what I'd be looking at in terms of condition.

The camera head can be swapped for a color if you really want that. Might need a different monitor to display color. I don't find a great need for color, but it makes things a little easier to recognize sometimes.

Some guys swear by self leveling, I could care less about it.

There are third party recording devices (dvd burners, digital camcorders and dvr's; choose your poison) available if the monitor has a video out jack.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Its a good deal...can get a aftermarket monitor with built in VCR for like 100 bucks....color sometimes not all its cracked up to be...personally like b & w better contrast....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Same reply as I gave on Plumbing Zone.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Same reply as I gave on Plumbing Zone.

Mark
          The Mexicans have a term for this " A soft slap "
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That is a pretty good deal for the reel and monitor. I would just check out the monitor well, and remember to unreel the reel the whole way and check for any week or bent spots. Even if it works now if it has a kink it is most likely in need of a retermination or new cable which can add up.

On the locator you might want to hold off and get a new Ridgid Scout, you can find a new one a little cheaper than what you are paying for an old Navitrack, and if all you are doing is locating your camera head the Scout will work just fine.

Paul from,
            Trade Tool

Comment

Working...
            X