No announcement yet.

Which camera would best suit my needs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which camera would best suit my needs.

Hi everyone. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a drainage company and am looking to up grade my second generation see snake camera as the line keeps breaking and I am paying constant repair bills on it. Over all I am very happy with the camera. It's has the removable monitor (bout 6") screen, b/w and 100' line. All of our work is primarily perimeter drains so was wondering what model would suit my needs best for exterior clay or concrete tile Inspections. Anything comparable to what I'm currently using would be good. Something good for outdoors and durable. Recording would be cool but not crucial. Any model #s or names I could research would be great. Thanks.

Re: Which camera would best suit my needs.

either the mini seesnake 200' would be a great choice or the micro reel 100'.

depending on the size of the pipe and length would dictate my choice.

here's the specs sheet.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Camera-Reels/EN/index.htm

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Like Rick Said the mini is the best for you. You need the stiffer push cable because on footing drains you get a lot of 90's at the corners of the houses. Also consider an electicians duct rodder as it has helped me a lot in doing a full inspection on drain tiles and footing drains, you just have to be careful when using it.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I do like that micro reel. We are using the compact cam right now. I'm a little unsure of how the hand held unit in the micro would be outdoors as we work in very rainy conditions. I like the compact design as the monitor is fully covered. Now, if I were to buy the micro, could you tell me if that has a built in sonde unit that can read off the monitor that comes with it, or if i would need to get a separate monitor. And if so, any recommendations on a good outdoor monitor. My current monitor is on it's last legs as well. Thanks for any answers or opinions. I live in Victoria bc and have no retailers or distributors on the island I can discuss this with so u guys are a great help for me.

Comment

the dvdpack is small and is pretty much bullet proof. it uses a sony dvd recorder. it's also designed to be used in the wet outdoors.

the battery can be used with the ac power for fool proof recording. or it can be used with either.

the dvd recorder has performed 100% perfectly for me and it's a winner.

now if you want the future, go with the lt1000 or spend big bucks on the cs1000. both great units for the long term library / archives and sharing.

if it just a record and burn a dvd, the dvdpack can't be beat.

give us some more info and we'll try to steer you the right way

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Get The Mini! I know it cost more but doing drain tile you need the stiffer cable.
            Last edited by Cuda; 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Ok u guys got me pretty much sold on the mini although 200' of cable is much more than what I would ever need, but a stiffer cable sounds good to have. Now, as far as a sonde, does the mini come with one? And as far as the micro reel, any idea how that cable is in comparison with the compact cable? Cause if it's kinda in between the mini and the compact I may decide to go for the micro with the 100' line. And for buying a separate monitor, which would be good for the outdoors as far as weather and sunlight? I see the 5.7" mini and the 10" LCD. The 5.7 looks identical to what I got now with the compact and in bright conditions it's very difficult to see what's going on. Kinda embarrassing to be at a clients house with a towel over your head and screen to be able to do advise them of the condition of the drain tile lol. But, you do what it takes to get the job done. So all in all, a good outdoor system with a sonde unit is what I'm after. Excited to upgrade some equipment, but must make sure I'm buying what makes the best sence for my company. Thanks for any info.

Comment

the mini seesnake comes with a built in sonde. the 200' is there if you every damage the front portion of the cable and need to cut and re-terminate it.

in all the years, i think only 1 time have i ever pushed out the full 200'. typically if i get 125' i feel happy. all depends on the pipe layout and material.

the 10'' lcd should be the best outdoor screen. but the dvdpak with the oled screen is also a good outdoor unit, but a lot smaller.

the 100' microreel has a sonde built into the camera head., but not as powerful as the 200/100' mini with an external sonde 6'' behind the camera in the spring.

i think the compact and 100' microreel now use the same pushrod

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Right on. Thanks a lot Rick and cuda. I'm gonna go for the mini and 10" LCD screen. All the info was a great help. Really excited to get some new equipment now. I can now order this equipment knowing what I'm getting, and knowing what I can expect from it, rather than being Leary if I'm making the right choice. The compact was a great unit, but once the push cable became brittle it's been a nightmare. Lots of down time and money to have it retermimated. Thanks again u guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X