when good reels go bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when good reels go bad

dont know what happened but micro reel is out of order...have the 100 foot reel and dvd pac i bought in april.(first camera) its been pulled out of truck 15 times or less.
    had a inspection on wednesday to make dvd for ajuster,the reel was catching and not spining freely .
    the moniter was glitching and cutting out open shell to find kink and drum with multipal cracks causing drum to catch on outer drum and not spin resulting kinked push rod.
    i dropped reel at glens (ridgid repair)but dont know whats gonna happen with warranty
    has anybody had this happen?
    Attached Files

Re: when good reels go bad

very interesting. i'm sure josh will be interested to look at this. he's at the pumper show and might check in over the weekend. otherwise drop josh a pm and link.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

My cable on the microreel kinked on the 2nd time I used it. Normal usage. Seektech upgraded the drum for me for free.
      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
        My cable on the microreel kinked on the 2nd time I used it. Normal usage. Seektech upgraded the drum for me for free.

I kinked mine pushing the last 2 feet back into the drum. The pushing got pretty tight and seems to bind up. I guess the inner drum wasn't spinning. Mine never had those cracks on the inner drum though. I wonder what could have caused that?

I'd love to upgrade mine to the newer ball bearing style. Does that mean I have to change the inner drum or just the outer case?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I kinked mine pushing the last 2 feet back into the drum. The pushing got pretty tight and seems to bind up. I guess the inner drum wasn't spinning. Mine never had those cracks on the inner drum though. I wonder what could have caused that?

I'd love to upgrade mine to the newer ball bearing style. Does that mean I have to change the inner drum or just the outer case?
          IMHO ridgid should replace the drums if there is a flaw at no charge.
          I personally don't own one.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

LThompson, Your best bet is going to be to call our Tech Service department at . 1-888-519-3456.

I dont know all the details being one of our Service Centers (Seektech) swapping out the drum mpm. But calling our Tech Service is by far the best route to get this resolved quickly.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              LThompson, Your best bet is going to be to call our Tech Service department at . 1-888-519-3456.

I dont know all the details being one of our Service Centers (Seektech) swapping out the drum mpm. But calling our Tech Service is by far the best route to get this resolved quickly.

Thanks,

Josh
              ill call first thing monday morn thx

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

They changed the drum. I like it a lot better. I believe that I did basically the same thing you did, kinked it on the last few feet putting it back into the drum.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X