the new toys that josh is sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the new toys that josh is sharing

Lets see now. Drain cleaning, touch screen, I don't want my screen covered in poo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Lets see now. Drain cleaning, touch screen, I don't want my screen covered in poo
      I don't have touch screen anything ..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What I was told is that the screen is the same kind that they use on atm's. I would think they would be pretty weather resistant. What's the issue with their cable? Some one with experience, chime in. I don't want Josh to have to make comments on his competitors equipment.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The touch screen and UI was pretty cool. But as Josh said same camera and push rod, which is still junk.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Anything more specific? That's pretty vague Ron.

Comment

The fact the camera head needs constant repairs due to it not being able to handle the pounding that is required to make turns. The push rod snaps easily, it is very poor in design.

When I talk to Spartan, they give the same line Serco gives when you talk to them about their system. They camera head is very inexpensive to replace compared to a Ridgid. In the 17 years I have had my SeeSnake I had the camera head replaced once and it was 10 years old at the time and done under warranty.

As with any thing we purchase you get what you pay for. Its like buying a Danco Moen cartridge, yes it works but you will have problems with it a lot sooner than you would if you bought an OEM Moen cartridge.
              Ron's Facebook

Comment

Ron have you had personal experience with a Spartan camera? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just want to make the best decision for my business. It's pretty easy to say my Chevy is better than your Ford, but most of that is personal choice. I'd like to have first hand accounts of problems with Spartan equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                  Ron have you had personal experience with a Spartan camera? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just want to make the best decision for my business. It's pretty easy to say my Chevy is better than your Ford, but most of that is personal choice. I'd like to have first hand accounts of problems with Spartan equipment.
                  Yes I have had first hand experience with it. A local shop here owns one, first couple months he was thrilled with it till it started to break on him over and over. Each and every time it breaks he ends up hiring me to TV the lines fro him till he gets the new camera head or the line re terminated.

Just like the UMSI system the City of Naperville owned one, they come out and televise the home owners sewer at no cost, and they want to witness the power rodding from start to finish. I was on a job where my rod got hung up but did get the line open. The village workers brought in the camera system and televised it. It showed that I was hung up in a large mass of roots, which was good news to me cause that meant I can get it out with ease. As they where bringing back the camera the picture went black. The first guy said "Oh don't tell me it came apart again!" The second guy "no it shouldn't have I taped it up real good this time" So hearing that I put it on my do not buy list as well with the Spartan units.
                  Ron's Facebook

Comment

Thanks Ron. That's the kind of information that I'm looking for. Does anyone else have any first hand accounts of problems with Spartan cameras? How about repair turnaround and quality of service?

Comment

Is the Nano camera just like the micro drain and can be pushed thew toilets Or is it a smaller more stiff push rod that can't be pushed thew toilets I'm confused by the 65 foot micro drain and the new 85 foot nano
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                        Is the Nano camera just like the micro drain and can be pushed thew toilets Or is it a smaller more stiff push rod that can't be pushed thew toilets I'm confused by the 65 foot micro drain and the new 85 foot nano
                        Confused here as well

Is there a video that shows it's capabilities? I'm interested!

Price point?

Comment

my understanding is for a camera to negotiate a toilet, it's a combination of the head, spring and push rod.

the nano has the small camera head, but the spring and push rod are stiffer than the microdrain and is not intended for toilets.

the nano would make a great camera for boiler tubes and small bore pipes. electricians should be able to inspect 3/4'' conduit too.

i would imagine the possibilities are endless and when real users get them out in the field, more and more uses will be found.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            my understanding is for a camera to negotiate a toilet, it's a combination of the head, spring and push rod.

the nano has the small camera head, but the spring and push rod are stiffer than the microdrain and is not intended for toilets.

the nano would make a great camera for boiler tubes and small bore pipes. electricians should be able to inspect 3/4'' conduit too.

i would imagine the possibilities are endless and when real users get them out in the field, more and more uses will be found.

rick.
                            Rick, So what your saying is the nano is not really needed for us drain guy's and were better of sticking to the micro drain 65 foot for small drain inspections jumping toilets etc? I'm saving up for a small camera because the need pops up from time to time.
                            Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              the nano has the small camera head, but the spring and push rod are stiffer than the microdrain and is not intended for toilets. rick.
                              The nano cable is MUCH more flexible than the microDrain... which is much more flexible than the microReel.

I've attached an image that might help clarify this a bit.

In addition to boiler tubes it can also inspect pool, irrigation, and conduit - lines that don't have cleanouts - which is why it has a relatively long cable. Because the cable is so flexible it tends to work best in small diameter lines.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by irguy View Post
                                The nano cable is MUCH more flexible than the microDrain... which is much more flexible than the microReel.

I've attached an image that might help clarify this a bit.

In addition to boiler tubes it can also inspect pool, irrigation, and conduit - lines that don't have cleanouts - which is why it has a relatively long cable. Because the cable is so flexible it tends to work best in small diameter lines.
                                Will the Nano flex a toilet trap and push say 40 feet to a septic tank without having to pull the toilet or dig a lid to find out? If so that would be great! But I'm thinking it would be to limp to push threw a toilet into 3 or 4 inch pipe? Just trying to see what is better for my needs. Micro drain is a bigger head with better lighting for when you jump the toilt VS the Nano?
                                Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X