Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Invest in a SeeSnake Monitor

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
    Like I said, Vu-Rite if that's what you want. Yes, you can walk.
    Well thats not what I want.....I want Ridgid to make one that will connect directly to a laptop without a 2,000.00 interface.

Sure I can walk....I bet your attitude will change when gas hits 5.00+ a gal.

Comment

Ya, I'm gonna sit on here and gripe that I want to drive a lifted Hummer but I want $2 gas for it!

Comment

Ya, I'm gonna sit on here and gripe that I want to drive a lifted Hummer but I want $2 gas for it!
        Whats wrong with that? Just because a guy has a hummer(even tho its tacky) doesn't mean he wants to buy 5.00 a gal gas for it.

200.00 for an interconnect cable for a sewer camera is a bit much.

Comment

Spoken by someone who has never had to buy a part for heavy equipment from caterpillar. A set of 6 o-rings for my 312 excavator pilot control valve cost $185
          Last edited by wrench spinner; 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            Spoken by someone who has never had to buy a part for heavy equipment from caterpillar
            Spoken by someone who doesn't really know what I've bought or have or can buy. WTF does that have to do with it? Explain the logic please? That some things cost alot? whats wrong with making it cheaper and better? Ever consider that? By having standard rca jacks as an option,but then they dont get to sell the 2,000.00 interconnect do they?

Maybe Ridge should shut down the closet auger plant and add a rca connector factory.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Whats wrong with that? Just because a guy has a hummer(even tho its tacky) doesn't mean he wants to buy 5.00 a gal gas for it.

200.00 for an interconnect cable for a sewer camera is a bit much.

I feel your pain. Seriously, all bantering and jesting aside, I'm on your side in a lot of ways.
              1. I want a SeeSnake at South Coast Equipment prices.
              2. I want $2 gas again.
              3. I want a Ridgid chain vise at Harbor Freight prices.
              4. I want a US Jetting 4018 at Water Cannon prices.
              5. I want a new custom home at mobile home prices.
              6. I want a new Sprinter for the price of a Dodge Caravan.
              7. The list goes on..................................... and on.......................and on..........................
              While I was running treadmill a few minutes ago I thought of all the things I want that I can't have and will never be, and I got so discouraged about it all that I vowed I would get on here and show you how much we have in common and then look quit talking about it and get my mind on something a little more cheery. I'm done here, too depressing.
              Last edited by SewerRat; 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM. Reason: This is supposed to be sarcastic ;-)

Comment

Spoken by someone who doesn't really know what I've bought or have or can buy. WTF does that have to do with it? Explain the logic please? That some things cost alot? whats wrong with making it cheaper and better? Ever consider that? By having standard rca jacks as an option,but then they dont get to sell the 2,000.00 interconnect do they?
                Reread post I had to edit it as I accidentally sent it prematurely. I apologize if you thought/think I am attempting to be condescending

Comment

I feel your pain. Seriously, all bantering and jesting aside, I'm on your side in a lot of ways.
                  1. I want a SeeSnake at South Coast Equipment prices.
                  2. I want $2 gas again.
                  3. I want a Ridgid chain vise at Harbor Freight prices.
                  4. I want a US Jetting 4018 at Water Cannon prices.
                  5. I want a new custom home at mobile home prices.
                  6. I want a new Sprinter for the price of a Dodge Caravan.
                  7. The list goes on..................................... and on.......................and on..........................
                  While I was running treadmill a few minutes ago I thought of all the things I want that I can't have and will never be, and I got so discouraged about it all that I vowed I would get on here and show you how much we have in common and then look quit talking about it and get my mind on something a little more cheery. I'm done here, too depressing.

I dont think your understanding. I dont want somthing for nothing.....I just dont want a $2,000.00 interconnect when I know it can have RCA connectors for $2,000.00 cheaper.

You never did answer my question of how much is too much? Why not $3000.00 for the laptop interface.....by you logic its worth any price they wish to stick on it....because its the best.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    Reread post I had to edit it as I accidentally sent it prematurely. I apologize if you thought/think I am attempting to be condescending
                    Thats the way I read it but I appreciate your clearing up a misunderstanding and not making it personal.

By the way thats too much for o rings. Its a money grab becuse they know they gotcha.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ight=Plumberjr

An interface has been created for the laptop. The link is above.

Comment

master, your bringing up old already discussed issues that's been discussed countless times over the years.

i own 2 old school power supplies that still work great and will power any camera and connect to any rca style tv/ monitor. they will also dim the lights and turn on and off the sonde.

both are sitting in my shop collecting dust. although they will work perfect for someone just getting into camera inspecting, they are not the future.

as we all know, electronics, computers, cell phones are pretty much dated within 6 months on coming out. ridgid has invested in the future and that's because of the hard working team at ridigid and believe it or not from many members on this forum that have asked for the latest and greatest in sewer inspection products.

ridgid might be out of the price range for some. and for others we want the mercedes of camera inspection equipment.

of the 12 cameras i own, i made the mistake of trying 4 competitors cameras over the years. even competitors locator's. those i can make you a deal on. but remember not all cameras are created equally.

cameras are inexpensive compared to jetters and trenchless pipe burster's.

if you've been in the trade as many years as you have, you should have put aside some savings for future plumbing tools. i easily spend a good 15%+ annually on equipment.

my pipe bursting equipment has had the lowest return on investment. yet my drain cleaning machines, jetters and cameras have had the best return on investment. you would be surprised on how many other companies call me to do their drain work.

drain cleaning and diagnostics are not for everyone. but the ones that own this equipment will all tell you that it's paid for itself many times over.

you'll never know until you take the plunge.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          master, your bringing up old already discussed issues that's been discussed countless times over the years.
                          Let me stop you right there. Want to talk about the K-60? How many times has a k-60 been discussed vs a way to connect a seesnake to a laptop on the cheap to ultimately do what I want it to do.....and not spend 2 grand to do it. Understand that? Lets be fair and if you dont want to talk about it then dont post on the thread. After all your the one who requested this thread be created in my honor.

Its not like I'm asking for the world.....just a simple way to connect a laptop to a seesnake and not spend 2 grand. Maybe Ridge will listen and bring the old product back....who would that be good for? The customer or Ridge? Why not make the product and let the user decide.

So to summerize the technology exists but has been discontinued by Ridge.....I wonder why? Because they offer only the best? I have a ridgid closet auger ......they went cheap on that didn't they.....so I wanna go cheap on a connection to a laptop. Why do i get held to a higher standard a large corporation? I know I know I dont give out free stuff...thats the difference.

Comment

15% on tools. Thats a huge number. Lets say for example you work 52 weeks a year and 5 day weeks and made only 1,000 a day. You would gross $260,000 and 15% of that is 39,000 in tools.....year in and year out.

Out of every $1,000.00 earned $150.00 is invested in tools.

Comment

15% on tools. Thats a huge number. Lets say for example you work 52 weeks a year and 5 day weeks and made only 1,000 a day. You would gross $260,000 and 15% of that is 39,000 in tools.....year in and year out.

Out of every $1,000.00 earned $150.00 is invested in tools.
                              you really haven't seen my collection.

i've spent that in 1 day at a trade show.

if you're really making 1000. a day, why would you be complaining about a 2000. expense

you already said you don't do much drain cleaning. you don't own a camera and you're still ranting about a monitor.

you can buy a micro explorer for around $600.00 and have a monitor and digital recorder all in 1. then the memory stick can be imported to your computer via the usb connector or a card reader.

keep in mind this will only power the smaller cameras like the micro drain and reel and new nano. the larger cameras use too much power for the battery of the explorer.

there are many options such as ebay to buy used equipment.

if you really want to get into camera inspections with locating, you'll need to spend 8-10k on good new equipment. less on used and smaller scale cameras.

the monitor is just 1 piece of the pie.

but the monitor is typically the power supply and in most cases the recording device for the camera.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I would say of all the equipment I have ever owned, my camera equipment had the fastest payback and brought in the most work.

I have seen the LT1000 going for the mid $1,700 and one was even $100 less than that. With the included software I would say that is an incredible buy. As for a simple power supply I think Ridgid sold the one Rick has for about $600 15-years ago. I don't see them interested in doing that now as they are more in to top of the line professional stuff. As such I think you are stuck building your own our buying one of the cheaper brands. I do believe once you start using a camera you will wonder how you ever survived without one.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X