X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Invest in a SeeSnake Monitor

I can't argue with Master. My camera gets used by other plumbers more than me. I replace few sewers, the other companies with cameras are replacing quite a few. I think they should learn to operate there drain cleaning equipment better! Thats neither here nor there. About price I have the same complaint about Mytana, The computer monitor they sell is crazy expensive and yes they are hosing us on the price. I'm also a capitalist, let them charge what they can, but I stll think I'm getting screwed not ripped off just screwed. Oh well. I don't have to buy from Mytana or Ridgid and because of crap like this I am not brand loyal at all. how about those VCR batteries guys were complaining about, What could guys buy them for 30 bucks? What was ridgid charging?

Comment

I am wondering why Mister wants a camera.Good one man plumbers out here that are established swear they are never getting into drain cleaning.And that is with the illegals taking away a large portion of heaters,faucets and disposals.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I am wondering why Mister wants a camera.Good one man plumbers out here that are established swear they are never getting into drain cleaning.And that is with the illegals taking away a large portion of heaters,faucets and disposals.
        That is so true Adam! We are 2 man shop but..at times I'm like "why the F am I doing this" when it comes to drain cleaning.

Oh btw everyone...when we are ready to buy a camera, I'm starting a new thread! I'm gonna need some help here.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          That is so true Adam! We are 2 man shop but..at times I'm like "why the F am I doing this" when it comes to drain cleaning.

Oh btw everyone...when we are ready to buy a camera, I'm starting a new thread! I'm gonna need some help here.
          An new thread cause your gonna be as giddy as a school girl on her first date after her braces are off.
          Help I doubt.System's bullet proof and easy to use.

Comment

Having the money is not the issue...throwing money away is the issue. I want a simple way to connect a seesnake to a laptop and it can be done cheaper than $1600.00-2000.00 but they just dont make it anymore.

Thats not the answer I was getting when the thread started is it?

A camera is not mandatory for me to own but it would be helpful from time to time. I dont feel the need to buy a monitor or interface when I already have a couple laptops and its possible to connect them. When I get a break I'm going to talk to a guy who can possibly help me...who knows he might start building them for sale,it might be really simple for the right guy.

Thanks to everyone and especially wrench spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Having the money is not the issue...throwing money away is the issue. I want a simple way to connect a seesnake to a laptop and it can be done cheaper than $1600.00-2000.00 but they just dont make it anymore.

Thats not the answer I was getting when the thread started is it?

A camera is not mandatory for me to own but it would be helpful from time to time. I dont feel the need to buy a monitor or interface when I already have a couple laptops and its possible to connect them. When I get a break I'm going to talk to a guy who can possibly help me...who knows he might start building them for sale,it might be really simple for the right guy.

Thanks to everyone and especially wrench spinner.
              They are neat to have to help out a customer who's up against a pack of thieves trying to sell a new sewer.

And if there is anything else we can do to help you with you post count...Mum's tha word
              Thanks for the (PM)tip the other day.Great deal,wish I could have capitalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                Even though we don't do as much drain cleaning as others here, I honestly wish we had a sewer camera. I think it would be a major asset to our business, and I wouldn't have to lose work because I don't have one.

Once in blue moon, I run across a sewer where no matter how many times I run my cable through it, I get a call a few weeks later saying it's backed up again. At that point it's out of my hands, because I don't have a sewer camera to truly diagnose the problem. I have plenty of guys who will cam the line for me, but a part of me feels embarrassed because I don't have one.

Eventually we will get one, and I think having a camera first, is more important than having a jetter right now as far as we go.

Yes they are expensive, but imo they are totally worth the expense, and I truly believe a customer will have "peace of mind" knowing I wasn't shooting in the dark by guessing what the problem could be.
                Yep , that's exactly where I am at..The only thing stopping me from owning a camera setup is cost..There has to be way more technology packed into a 1080 dlp flat screen television @42" and look how far they have come down..I agree the equipment is way overpriced ..$3600 for the 100' reel and micro explorer..Another $1200 for the scout, and the last one that was on my job couldn't even locate past 6' deep..What's up with that???
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's really simple if you can afford one buy one if not go for the other choices. Like Sewer Rat posted I really do like my Vu-Rite camera and hate those junk Ebay South Coast Equipment camera's.
                  I can't afford a see snake or it's repair bills I'm not a rich guy I'm a hard working poor guy that needs his equipment to work if it fails not risk chapter 11 after a repair bill. Was on a inspection and the monitor on my VU-Rite camera went dead no big deal I just went to Walmart and bought a $50 dollar DVD player and was back on the job within an hour.
                  It does not have all the bells and whistles like I told Sewer Rat but it gets the job done. Do I like the Ridgid See Snakes yes, Can I afford one NO

I do like the Micro drain 65 footer it does have a RCA digital cord that I can use the Micro explorer for a monitor for my VU-Rite and then have the Micro Drain for smaller lines. Makes a perfect combo for me and my Budget.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Okay heres my two cents..I own a first generation gen-eye black and white...have had it for 10 years and still going strong...had a vcr...its all I need..would I like a Ridgid set-up? HELL TO THE YEA!! Can I afford it? That would be a big negotaory good buddy...I will say this, I see the application and justification of cost for the Ridgid, for those who have the need...for me its too much cost too bear, its not worth it...I'm not saying its overpriced, I can't justify the cost vs use....IMHO
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I just talked to a former loudspeaker designer thats now helping develop "smart" home controls. He is optimistic and curious......that means he smells money to be made. We shall see

They can reset my post count to zero...makes no difference to me.

Comment

There is a guy that already makes an alliterative to a Ridgid Monitor and recording. This unit will work with Serco, Eel, SeeSnake, Spartan camera reels. http://www.eplsolutions.net/Gvision.html

Honestly though I used it, and it works as described. I still prefer the Ridgid CS1000 over it. The new CS10 is a new option that I think will fit many contractors bill.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Don't these Gvisions go for around $2,000?
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                            Don't these Gvisions go for around $2,000?
                            Yep they are not much cheaper than Ridgid, but I will give them one thing, it is nearly indestructible and the screen is super clear in the bright sunlight. The guy that built that has did an awesome job. I can not wait to see what he comes up with next.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              There is a guy that already makes an alliterative to a Ridgid Monitor and recording. This unit will work with Serco, Eel, SeeSnake, Spartan camera reels. http://www.eplsolutions.net/Gvision.html

Honestly though I used it, and it works as described. I still prefer the Ridgid CS1000 over it. The new CS10 is a new option that I think will fit many contractors bill.
                              It's interesting the only two distributors are Allan J. Coleman and J. M. McKinny. Both are very well respected vendors to many members of this forum.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You know what I'd like to see....an adapter that would let you use different reels with different monitors. Like a cable that'll connect a General cam to a Ridgid DVDpak or something like that.

Any takers? You could probably make a good deal of cash I would probably be able to come up with something myself but without access to the different reels and different monitors, it's a no-go.
                                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                                X